Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Centre mid

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Dan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wake up. Palace stayed up by beating teams that are champs league quality. Your attitude will get us relegated already.
    Hahahahahahahahaha. And now it's my fault we lost! Priceless.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BevBHA View Post
      Middlesbrough were hard to break down as you put it. Means nothing
      I don't think it was even that hard. Man C barely out of first gear and they strolled to a regulation win. How many of us genuinely thought we would hold out til full time with that weight of possession against us? They didn't really even need their bench in the end
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006
      Minister of Information

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
      Midfield were ok they just had no outlet up top, nobody to put the ball too when they won it.
      Which is why Propper was visibly irritated with March because he wasn't getting forward at the first opportunity.
      I've lost my way. If anyone should find it, do return it quickly. I should imagine it quite rusty by now.

3 Not allowed!
      Some poor passes from Propper early on and a critical error by Stephens for the first goal. Aside from that I don't think either did much wrong, it was a couple of raking passes by both culprits, Stephens and Dunk, that produced some of the best chances. The culprit could just as easily (and should) have been Duffy just a few minutes earlier.

Everyone on here is so critical of our players in our first PL game, a baptism of fire, and fail to just recognise a fitter and better team than us, assembled accross many seasons with hundreds and hundreds of million .

They gave us no time on the ball, none. Our midfield rarely had an outball, ever. They will adapt and learn from the mistakes made, as will our manager.

The only negative thing to take from today, and I know it is just one game, but Hemed worries me as a lone striker. He could have latched onto a couple of loose passes/bounces if he was paying attention and the ones he was paying attention for he was utterly embarassed for pace. He didn't provide any kind of outlet aside from a couple of casual flick-ons to city players. We need someone to take the pressure off us and Muzza does a much better job at it.
      The Disowned Masses

1 Not allowed!
      Yesterday showed that we desperately need a pacey striker to give us an outlet. Murray and Hemed aren't the answer other than off the bench
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

Visit my Devon Gold Prospecting Blog
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      Some poor passes from Propper early on and a critical error by Stephens for the first goal. Aside from that I don't think either did much wrong, it was a couple of raking passes by both culprits, Stephens and Dunk, that produced some of the best chances. The culprit could just as easily (and should) have been Duffy just a few minutes earlier.

Everyone on here is so critical of our players in our first PL game, a baptism of fire, and fail to just recognise a fitter and better team than us, assembled accross many seasons with hundreds and hundreds of million .

They gave us no time on the ball, none. Our midfield rarely had an outball, ever. They will adapt and learn from the mistakes made, as will our manager.

The only negative thing to take from today, and I know it is just one game, but Hemed worries me as a lone striker. He could have latched onto a couple of loose passes/bounces if he was paying attention and the ones he was paying attention for he was utterly embarassed for pace. He didn't provide any kind of outlet aside from a couple of casual flick-ons to city players. We need someone to take the pressure off us and Muzza does a much better job at it.
      This.

The shape we held was exceptional in the main, awful error by Stephens and given Propper's limited time with the team, personally I would have started Sidwell.

If we play 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1, the wingers and Gross need to support the lone striker, but we were so preoccupied with City we didn't.
      Hemed hardly held the ball up at all, which didn't help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Think Sidwell would have suited that game better tbh and bring Propper in after a week of training. Both him and Stephens had shockers but there are 37 more games and doubt they'll have many worse games or many tougher opponents.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by graz126 View Post
      Honestly think we won't come across another team as good as City. That said ya right defence good, midfield need more. They never created the outlet to the frontline hence as attacking we were min existent
      This. They were a different class yesterday, we won't see that quality every week.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I thought we didn't pick anything up from goal kicks either. Our challenging was poor in the Center mid. That said, Ryan's distribution is nowhere near as good as Stockdales.

0 Not allowed!
      We've arguably* just faced the 3rd or 4th best group of players in the world.

Im ok with how we did. I agree that in that sort of game you need an outlet and you can go one of two ways. A VERY strong centre forward who you know the ball will stick to or a runner in the channels.

As said before, today was a COMPLETE free hit. No shame but certainly things to work on.

*no doubt this will be argued
      The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world