Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
A team that utterly humiliated you last season and since then has spent £40 million on upgrading their squad?

For what anything is worth in this argument, they haven't spent £40 million upgrading their squad, nearer £30 million. Just thought I'd point that out.

Brighton on the other hand have spent approximately £40 million upgrading our squad. So far.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
For what anything is worth in this argument, they haven't spent £40 million upgrading their squad, nearer £30 million. Just thought I'd point that out.

Brighton on the other hand have spent approximately £40 million upgrading our squad. So far.

And you're gonna need to spend a hell of a lot more. Do you really think your forward line is currently good enough?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are you stalking me?
We all noticed a lot of Palace muppets here before the weekend, then as soon as you'd been thrashed by Huddersfield we couldn't help but notice you had all disappeared. Hardly stalking is it.

Very very bitter post. He'd walk into your team and you know it deep down.
Deep down? I've seen him play for years and have always said he's good enough, I've never said he wouldn't get in our team. We're not discussing whether or not he's good enough to get in our team, we're talking about whether he's worth £40/£50m, and I'm pointing out that he has an attitude problem and has failed outside of Palace. It's not bitter at all, I'm just saying it like it is.

I've supported Brighton for over 30 years and this is by far the best team I've ever seen us have, I'm a million miles from bitter.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'd leave this one for now tbf. It's like discussing stuff with [MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION] but worse.

Particularly as I think he actually believes what he's saying, unlike the loon.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
And you're gonna need to spend a hell of a lot more. Do you really think your forward line is currently good enough?

Forward 'line'? Knockaert, March, Izquierdo, Gross and Brown will form three members of that, so we just need the extra striker, who we will get we will see, and if he isn't good enough then I guess we struggle. I doubt we'll score many goals regardless this year, but we may not need to :shrug: I'm interested to see how we will fair against a mid-table team like Leicester, West Brom, Watford, and in the next three games we'll find out

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They smashed you. 3-1 was the score but it could have been 6-1. Look at the stats.
I don't need to see the stats, I remember the game. We were missing Stephens in midfield and tried Kayal with Norwood (mistake), we were missing Baldock upfront, and were down to 10 men for the last 25. We were well beaten on the day, but it was just one game. We beat them at home (something you've spectacularly failed to do), and beat them comfortably over the course of the season.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Are you stalking me?? Seriously. If you want justification, check my post history, I very rarely post at weekends as I'm out with friends or family. I didn't post Monday as I was busy with work and then had to look after a relative in the evening. I posted yesterday, hardly hiding is it?? The game was still fresh in everyone's memory.

Are you palarse's version of BG :moo:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A team that utterly humiliated you last season and since then has spent £40 million on upgrading their squad?
So you're saying Huddersfield will comfortably finish above us? Would you like to put some money on that?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

To be honest I would concentrate more on your own team. In my local pub in Caterham on Saturday night lot of long faces moaning about how poor your defence was and a manager wanting time for players to adapt.
Apparently your two young centre halves were very poor one local said Murray would give them a beating!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The Raving Lunatic :first post this morning at 11.46am.
Latest post 19.19pm.
Nearly thirty posts of complete twaddle in eight hours.
When do the schools go back :moo:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
They smashed you. 3-1 was the score but it could have been 6-1. Look at the stats.

They were on fire that game with the bit between their teeth and we were well below par. We also beat them at our place earlier in the season where they parked the bus and we dominated proceedings but I notice you have ignored that from your post.

Fact remains they finished well short of us last season and would have been more if we had not gone on the piss for the last few weeks.

They have spent money but if you catch the interview with their chairman he rightly calls out with so many loans he needed to spend just to match the level of brighton and newcastles championship squads.

They have signed well but don't try and talk them up to protect your own clubs embarrassment. Instead of spouting such delusional nonsense on here why don't you just join the majority of the rest of your fan base and acknowledge you were roundly beaten by an average side as your new saviour has adopted tactics that none of you are convinced work with the players in your squad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here