Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would NEVER sit in an away end and not expect to get abuse, the same as any away fan sat in our end should expect abuse.

If you are an away fan, don't sit in the home ends.
    There's a distinction between sitting in the home end and sitting in the stands at the sides of the pitch, which are also normally occupied by home supporters, usually of the less hostile and aggressive variety (these fans were sitting in seats by choice before all-seaters became compulsory).

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Do you guys have a problem with my post on there?

We are a family club and I think it's a great idea to be friendly and welcoming to the away fans and to make them feel at home and comfortable whilst visiting our tremendous ground!

On another note I think you will find there is many fans of the top six teams at the Amex - myself included! I often change who I support, for example Arsenal in the early 2000s and Manchester United when they started winning again. I only adopted the super seagulls as a second team when we got promoted from League One

Lets all get behind the fact we share a passion for the beautiful game and enjoy the great footy on display this evening!

Come on the Gulls!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The GIF dude View Post

We are a family club and I think it's a great idea to be friendly and welcoming to the away fans and to make them feel at home and comfortable whilst visiting our tremendous ground!

On another note I think you will find there is many fans of the top six teams at the Amex - myself included! I often change who I support, for example Arsenal in the early 2000s and Manchester United when they started winning again. I only adopted the super seagulls as a second team when we got promoted from League One

Lets all get behind the fact we share a passion for the beautiful game and enjoy the great footy on display this evening!

Come on the Gulls!
      BINFEST'ING

0 Not allowed!
      You'd hope it's ....

0 Not allowed!
      FFS Man City were crap a few years ago and in Division 3 or whatever it was called then, it is only because some SHAKE has chucked a few billion at them that they are any good, if he hadn't turned up they would be in the Championship with Joe Royale still manager

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The GIF dude View Post

Come on the Gulls!
      Post more Gifs or FO

0 Not allowed!
      Gulls?
      What is this 'Gulls' you speak of?
      Have you seen the Muppet Show........

0 Not allowed!
      Gulls?
      What is this 'Gulls' you speak of?
      Have you seen the Muppet Show........
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      It is a bit vomit inducing.
      That post is one step away from an offer to nosh them off in the toilets!
      ...but he would make it clear first that he knows he is not actually worthy to nosh them off in the toilets but would be extremely honoured if they would at least deign to give him that opportunity.

0 Not allowed!
      We should all be on trolling high alert at this stage.

The trick is that all sense of masculinity is stripped from the posts of these trolls. We are left with some imaginary Whimsical Ponce who is happy in victory or defeat, is mostly interested in a sense of housekeeping for "his club", and seems to adhere to a sense of sportsmanship only found in books about all-female boarding schools written for children in the twenties.

Gruff blokey-blokes (which do actually exist as football fans) meanwhile fear that the above kind of fan might actually exist. They don't. If you like football you know it is about shitting on the grave of your opponents ancestors if it'll gain your team a point, and the love of football itself is probably an inoculation against developing too much poncery in any other area of life, should you otherwise be under any risk of it.

Post like the simpering, testicle-free and gutless one posted by the OP are troll posts, performed by individuals even sadder than the saddest thing you think you could possibly imagine, including a capsizing cargo-ship full of kittens.