Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Posting on away fans forums.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Who was it then? Is anyone going to own up?
It's so cringeworthy. There's a few on here i could name who would be perfectly capable that type of arselicking post

Last edited:

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Who was it then? Is anyone going to own up?

As I read it, 'get here early, have a beer pre-match, we have guest beers for you, have a drink with us after' - surely it is just some plonker from the catering company trying to drum up some extra business from the away lot?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
As I read it, 'get here early, have a beer pre-match, we have guest beers for you, have a drink with us after' - surely it is just some plonker from the catering company trying to drum up some extra business from the away lot?

Or Paul Barber :rolleyes:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Never watched the reaction in the concourses when the big six score? Of course they haven't been obvious during a game, we weren't playing in the Premier League. FFS

This....happens all the time. Blokes in Albion shirts/scarves etc jumping up and down and cheering when (usually) Chelsea or Arsenal score. Can't help themselves.

Not sure what'll happen if it kicks off during a game. WSL - quiet tutting I'd imagine.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Be unique yes, but these messages make us look soft.

We have earned the right to play 18 other teams in the league this year, so f*ck them if they think we will give them an easy ride.

I agree with you, that post is apologetic in nature. My post just dealt with the impossibility and contradiction involved in being 'slightly unique'', that is grammatically impossible!

boik

So do all you guys who don't want anything to do with opposition supporters not have any genuine friends who support other teams? I love talking footie with my mates and they support various teams from where they were born. Am I supposed to hate them or something?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
So do all you guys who don't want anything to do with opposition supporters not have any genuine friends who support other teams? I love talking footie with my mates and they support various teams from where they were born. Am I supposed to hate them or something?

Talking footie :wrong: guys
Lads he has owned up :)

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

Think you missed the point, I have mates who support other teams, however on match days ALL bets are off.

I don't want them to enjoy anything about our ground as they would not want me to get anything out of theirs.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Call me old fashioned, but why on earth do some fans feel the need to post lovey dovey messages on our opponents message boards before they get here.

Was taking a distant look on the Bluemoon board for City to see what they are thinking about today game when I found this.

Brighton fan in peace..

Firstly it's a pleasure to be hosting you in our first game, for us to play the favourites for the league at home in front of the world is the icing on the the cake for a club that has bounced back from the brink.

Genuine supporters understand we won't be able to compete against you guys and we are more focused on ensuring we do ourselves proud and keep the score line respectful! In all honesty the season starts for us the week after at Leicester where we have far more of a chance of securing some points!

Just picking up on an earlier post, here at BHAFC we are slightly unique in that as a club we try to make the whole matchday experience as welcoming and accommodating as possible, I'm also pretty certain we are the only PL club that welcomes away fans into our home concourses after the game. With that in mind it would be great to see a few City fans after the game in the North Stand concourse and believe it or not you will be welcome!

I take on board the comments about the standard of drinks available in concourses but again we are slightly different in that we have guest Ales and also local Ales from Sussex.

In terms of pre match you are also welcome in our supporters bar which is located next to the club shop and although it tends to get busy, if you arrive in plenty of time you shouldn't have a problem enjoying a pre match beverage whilst engaging with our home support.

Getting out of the Amex can prove difficult, it really is worth staying behind for a beer afterwards, give it 30/40 minutes and the train queues and car parks are well on their way to clearing.

Once again, it's a privalidge to host you guys, I genuinely hope you enjoy The Amex, and if you were kind enough to allow us the odd point, a beer will be waiting for you in the North Stand concourse after the game.

Please feel free to ask any questions to make your matchday experience as easy as possible.

Pathetic. I dont want to share a pint with any away fans in OUR supporters bar. I also dont want to share a pint in the North stand after the game either. I could not give a flying f*ck how difficult it is for them to leave the ground after.

If we want to make this ground the fortress that we would like then ALL aspects of the ground need to be a fortress.

I dont want them to enjoy the Amex, I want them to lose and be miserable about it, just as I would at ANY away game.

Make you match day experience as easy as possible WTF.

Stop making us look like pussys, we need the place to be hostile for players and fans of anyone visiting the ground.

There will be many grounds we visit this year, where we will not be welcome by the home fans.

I'm sure we wont get any fans from the opposition on here saying welcome to our ground lovies we do this for you, that for you and BTW do what ever you want.

Rant over.
I occasionally pop to other clubs boards and as soon as I see one of these posts it makes me cringe....I'm not sure if these perpetrators want attention or they're just ridiculously a wet blanket.

It's bad enough with all this flag and clacker shite nevermind these pussies infiltrating other message boards.:glare:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Are you 12?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What a drip! If Man City fans want to know all this then they can find out themselves.

As for being privileged, we are not. We earned our right and are their equals. The only difference, the fact that a sheikh happened to pick them for a vanity project.

I've nothing against City fans at all, but during the 90 minutes I'll be screaming for the Albion and baying for City blood (on the pitch).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
If it had just been limited to helpful parking/travel information, then I don't think many would have had an issue with it.

But it reads like an apology for us being there and a plea for City to go easy on the new kid on our first day at Premier League school.

Not going to argue it is pretty pathetic!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

"In all honesty the season starts for us the week after at Leicester where we have far more of a chance of securing some points!"

I'd really like to think that's the case, but with this comment, I'm not so sure.

No club representative or catering company spokesperson would ever be talking about one of our greatest ever days like this.

It reads like a supporter who's effectively written off the first game of the season.

Shameful really.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If it had just been limited to helpful parking/travel information, then I don't think many would have had an issue with it.

But it reads like an apology for us being there and a plea for City to go easy on the new kid on our first day at Premier League school.

That is why it doesn't sound genuine and more like a piss take.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
And I sir will be right next to you.

Noticed on their board also that a couple have tickets in the West stand, saying they will be quiet all game, I hope for their sake they are not siting next to me.
How on earth did they get tickets or should I say someone has given them their season ticket to use :)
We have a waiting list of over 6k as well....We will have fans in home ends ourselves I'm sure !!!

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I've nothing against City fans at all, but during the 90 minutes I'll be screaming for the Albion and baying for City blood (on the pitch).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a few of our fans from 83, 89 and Withdean might disagree with you. Especially Withdean. Shocking scenes.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Good grief. We're in the EPL to win, not to flirt with the opposition! Ffs some people need to get a grip and stop acting so reverent of the big 6.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here