Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Best News Today

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Baby MBH #2 arrived this morning; no doubt he decided that he couldn't miss today's game.

I delivered him myself in a corridor at RSCH (Mrs MBH couldn't wait any longer) and it was the scariest and best thing I've ever done.

So an added incentive for our players today - the first Albion goalscorer will have the honour (there is no greater) of having my son named after him.
6410162b12705f76c336f9d041e2e2c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Matt, that is awesome(both beicoming a father again and deliverer), congratulations!

Izzy would work really well given your NSC nomenclature and your actual name, so fingers crossed it's Izzy who scores and not a Mangala own goal...

If you do name your son after the first goal scorer you should contact the Argus. It's the kind of feel good human story they'd like and having a framed copy of the article would be a really cool keepsake/memento of this great occasion.

Congratulations again!:bowdown::albion2::rave::clap2:

I

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well you know what I want him to be named
5fe255e8922c5fd6b96aac59414ac2ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well done and congratulations. Also well done Mrs MattBackHome in sorting this out in time for Mr M to get to the game.....:lolol:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks all for your kind words.

Yes I will be in attendance. Great really as there's no result on the pitch that can ruin my mood today.

As to the delivery itself [MENTION=233]tedebear[/MENTION] - we made it 3 steps into the Kemp Tower (in the corridor as you come in from the main car park) before Mrs MBH decided she could go no further. Basically she just dropped her keks there and then and I dived underneath her to catch our son. Then we simply pulled her trousers back up and got the lift up to the main labour ward. If it sounds relatively matter of fact it wasnt; I was a complete mess and all credit is due to my wife who was a model of stoicism and pragmatism in the face of unimaginable pain. I couldn't be more in awe of her.

(And yes, name wise I'm hoping for Bruno or Izzy)

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Baby MBH #2 arrived this morning; no doubt he decided that he couldn't miss today's game.

I delivered him myself in a corridor at RSCH (Mrs MBH couldn't wait any longer) and it was the scariest and best thing I've ever done.

So an added incentive for our players today - the first Albion goalscorer will have the honour (there is no greater) of having my son named after him.

Massive congrats. Delivered my second son in the corridor of my house so can relate completely to your 'scariest moment in my life' quote! can guarantee you will probably never have a more amazing moment in your life...unless we win today of course :)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Thanks all for your kind words.

Yes I will be in attendance. Great really as there's no result on the pitch that can ruin my mood today.

As to the delivery itself [MENTION=233]tedebear[/MENTION] - we made it 3 steps into the Kemp Tower (in the corridor as you come in from the main car park) before Mrs MBH decided she could go no further. Basically she just dropped her keks there and then and I dived underneath her to catch our son. Then we simply pulled her trousers back up and got the lift up to the main labour ward. If it sounds relatively matter of fact it wasnt; I was a complete mess and all credit is due to my wife who was a model of stoicism and pragmatism in the face of unimaginable pain. I couldn't be more in awe of her.

(And yes, name wise I'm hoping for Bruno or Izzy)

As someone who has given birth twice, I am in complete awe. Well done to your wife. I would have been a crumbling heap on the floor.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Welcome to hell.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Congratulations. Is it an automatically designated first name or are there those that will be consigned to just a middle name, which your son might be particularly grateful for once he starts school.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here