NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Man City and Tottenham largest?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wrong on all four counts. Good start :lol:

Three of those are the same size except Chelsea, which is smaller, but not the smallest in the league.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Playing style is a big clue here.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Brighton and arsenal, and Palace.

Edit. Brighton and man utd.

Yes, we're joint top of the size league :clap: but not with Arsenal.

That other lot are second bottom. It's really easy if you think about it as to who is bottom.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Burnley, Arsenal, Man Utd are all wrong guesses.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We have two winners with Stoke being the smallest.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unbelievably when Spurs signed the contract with Wembley they didn't add 'pitch size to be the same as WHL'.
So they went back x weeks later and asked nicely if they could change the pitch, to which they were told 'no'.

Idiots.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Someone suggested our pitch looked smaller v Atletico. Which wouldn't be a bad thing. A big pitch in this division could be very bad news.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There are three current Championship clubs that have bigger pitches than ours and the other biggest in the Premier League.

I've been to all three grounds and I don't remember feeling that they looked particularly big at the time. Of those pitches, one is absolutely HUGE!, if the figures are to be believed.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Unbelievably when Spurs signed the contract with Wembley they didn't add 'pitch size to be the same as WHL'.
So they went back x weeks later and asked nicely if they could change the pitch, to which they were told 'no'.

Idiots.

That would seem odd them asking, given this quote from the article I'm looking at:

Teams that choose to defend with a ‘low block’ benefit from being on a pitch with smaller dimensions. The smaller the pitch is the less chance the attacking side has to move the ball around and pull the defending team out of position. Tottenham’s manager Mauricio Pochettino certainly believed as much when he blamed the size of the White Hart Lane pitch on his side’s loss to Newcastle in 2014. He said, “Our style means we need a bigger space to play because we play a positional game. It’s true that White Hart Lane is a little bit tight and it’s better for the opponent when they play deep”.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There are three current Championship clubs that have bigger pitches than ours and the other biggest in the Premier League.

I've been to all three grounds and I don't remember feeling that they looked particularly big at the time. Of those pitches, one is absolutely HUGE!, if the figures are to be believed.

I'm going to question your figures. According to the official Premier League Handbook https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazonaws.com/premierleague/document/2017/08/11/c494a26e-b573-41e4-bcd2-daf0ca76a00d/PL_Handbook_2017-18_Digital-4-.pdf Your data is wrong.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here