Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

kiwigull

Nov 14, 2008
I think you'll find that most c**ts on here think holding out for 70 minutes against a team with full backs who cost more than our entire team wasn't a bad effort. Weekends against the big 6 are not dead rubbers, of course they're not. Any points gleaned from these games will be welcome - but essentially they will be surprise bonuses; our primary source of PL points will be elsewhere. Of course, some c**ts can't understand that...............

Probably wasn't clear, I think we did bloody well today and am optimistic about us staying up.I was annoyed at this mentality that we write off today's game and 'start our season next week'

kiwigull

Nov 14, 2008
How does this show how little I know? I may have been a little riled by that apologetic post on the man city board but you made it sound like we should roll over and accept 0 points from games like these. I'm sure the players realise it kicked off today.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Probably wasn't clear, I think we did bloody well today and am optimistic about us staying up.I was annoyed at this mentality that we write off today's game and 'start our season next week'
I thought calling fellow supporters ***** was unnecessary.

D

Deleted member 2719

Got the new bloke to come in and perhaps another striker. Knocky will soon be fully fit and the other new boys settled in. No one likes losing but it seems we did ok against a world class side.

I agree mate we did okay. However Murray doesn't look mobile enough in the Premiership, he will have to get his goals from corners at best. Look forward to the new additions.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well I quite enjoyed it. The way the pundits are talking we were mauled to death and will have to recruit a whole team by next week. Zero acknowledgement of the gulf in spending or experience.
I'm sure there's other clubs that spend similar in this division....sadly we crumbled and look to nervous and showed to much respect to them.Its imperative that we get some serious pace through the middle and up front asap.
The likes of Murray and hemed won't offer much sadly :(

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm going to a parade on the south side of Chicago to support my African American friend who in turn is recording the match. Sometimes you must compromise.

Bud Billiken?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Well I quite enjoyed it. The way the pundits are talking we were mauled to death and will have to recruit a whole team by next week. Zero acknowledgement of the gulf in spending or experience.

I enjoyed it for 70 minutes, outclassed (better players) out played (I thought they had a good game), even out-fought at times, not out-tactical but the Izzy Brown looked like it put a dent in the game plan.

It is a pity that Dale Stephens did not use his left foot when he was robbed by de Bryne. Danilo made it very difficult to get the ball clear on our right. Pep seemed to sus by the second half that our weakness was on our letf hand side. Bruno was much too strong on our right for them.

Pity we didn't manage to keep Stephen Ward. (MOTD)

Not unexpected in the least though. It was still disappointing we could not get the ball out of our own half. If we had a jet-heeled striker it would help. Murphy got clear once but Walker caught up with him.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I went to the pub, then back to friends house, got pissed and crashed on his sofa.
Got back home at about 5am and crashed again.
I got up and watched the game, I must say I was really disappointed with the way we played.
We were at home and should have taken the game to them.
If we had already conceded defeat before kick off, it would have been better to at least have a go and maybe lose 3 - 4
Not impressed with the tactics myself and not willing to watch games like this all season against the top 6.
Using the excuse about the price of their players etc. is bullcrap, let's just play the game like we did last season.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I went to the pub, then back to friends house, got pissed and crashed on his sofa.
I got up and watched the game, I must say I was really disappointed with the way we played.
If we had already conceded defeat before kick off, it would have been better to at least have a go and maybe lose 3 - 4
Not impressed with the tactics myself and not willing to watch games like this all season against the top 6.
Using the excuse about the price of their players etc. is bullcrap, let's just play the game like we did last season.

i suggest you breathalyse yourself if you intend driving anywhere.....:thumbsup: walker and danilo or two of the best full backs in the league with three of the best cb's in between them.....you then have da silva , de druyne .....ahhh i give up .....aguero , jesus, yaya toure on the bench ffs...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

I do think we gave them a bit too much respect, BUT it is not just the price of their players, it is the talent that goes with it, particularly in Citeh's case.......

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Apart from establishing your macho credentials OzMike, what the frickin' hell is the relevance of this bit?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
i suggest you breathalyse yourself if you intend driving anywhere.....:thumbsup: walker and danilo or two of the best full backs in the league with three of the best cb's in between them.....you then have da silva , de druyne .....ahhh i give up .....aguero , jesus, yaya toure on the bench ffs...

Players are paid to play and so should do, whoever the opposition, think I'm going to crash again soon, feeling a bit wobbly.
The wife and youngest daughter gone to England for 5 weeks, so no one in my ear about misbehaving.
Going to crash for a few hours and then back to the pub, then crash again and be up for work at 5.45am.
My boy and I are becoming pizza and kebab connoisseurs and washing piling up, going to get paper plates and plastic knives and forks.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Apart from establishing your macho credentials OzMike, what the frickin' hell is the relevance of this bit?

He wants to establish either his party animal or street cred. Boring, done that, got the t-shirt.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

I think we had a go. Yes we played a defensive game and much of it was in their half but it was our first game in the premiership so there would have been first game nerves, and many of their players are world class. Pep looked worried and frustrated at their inability to break us down for 70 minutes of the game and we had a couple of chances and thought we came out with the right attitude in the second half. We can take positives from the game - only one of the goals was theirs - Dunky was unlucky and on the whole played well. We obviously need to stop giving the ball away so easily but If you honestly think we should have taken the game to them, you really need to have another drink.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here