Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Coxovi

NSC Patreon
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Perfect first match mix of butterflies and excitement. Gutted not to be there but will watch on an IPad in the middle of the Swiss Alps, sure beats listening on the radio like last year.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course the NBC Chicago Channel 5 station think the match is at the Etihad.

English Premier League Soccer Brighton & Hove Albion at Manchester City from Etihad Stadium (HD) Manchester City qualified for UEFA Champions League with third place finish last season; Brighton was promoted after finishing second in English Championship.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/on-air/tv-listings/tv-listings-chi.html

In the US the away sides are usually listed first and this causes confusion for non-soccer sport reporters.

Will they be expecting us to have a break every 15 minutes for the adverts?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Will they be expecting us to have a break every 15 minutes for the adverts?

I don't believe NBC breaks for adverts until halftime. Huge sponsor used to be Budweiser. I believe when they conceded to halftime adverts only the rest of the American sponsors decided soccer would be different and also conceded their in-match adverts.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
NBC sport doing their show from pitch side at the Amex. And a studio in room behind the the North Stand. Got the biggest window. Not using the new studios which you can see in the background.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't believe NBC breaks for adverts until halftime. Huge sponsor used to be Budweiser. I believe when they conceded to halftime adverts only the rest of the American sponsors decided soccer would be different and also conceded their in-match adverts.

Didn't know that. My comment was not meant seriously, but it's good if the Yanks have come round to the rest of the world's way of thinking.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I hope we go 4-4-2. Results pulled off by the likes of Bournemouth and Burnley have been with 2 strikers. I think you have to look at this game as a free hit. We are not expecting to take any points off City, these are bonus points and we should just go for it. Playing 1 up front will restrict us to even fewer chances. Also 4-4-2 can be the most stubborn defensively if played right.
Please CH, 4-4-2!

Did you watch the PL prediction show by any chance :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

I wonder how long it will be before that Jesus starts preaching.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Don't forget you new season card and lucky key ring.

Vokes, Strewth!

We are gonna have do something special now!

Huddersfield leading 0-1 as well. 0-2.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
2-0 to Hudds. now!

It seems that quite often one of the newly promoted clubs gets a surprise good result............
:down:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here