Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League handbook has just been published

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I take it you are not going today then ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
One snippet from the handbook is that the official Amex capacity appears to have been reduced from 30,750 to 30,666, the number of the beast.

IMG_0507.PNG

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The rich Russian isn't listed as a director or officer at Bournemouth. How does that work then?

Edit: nor is Abramovich at Chelsea. I guess, therefore, you don't have to be a director to own a club?

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
One snippet from the handbook is that the official Amex capacity appears to have been reduced from 30,750 to 30,666, the number of the beast.

Fatter fans in the Premier League?

Other small joys of this so far: Arsenal have a Head of Finance called Stuart Wisely, which seems a classic case of nominative determinism, while their chairman, unbeknown to me, is Sir Chips Keswick. Who really should be in some sort of dashing World War II comic strip.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The rich Russian isn't listed as a director or officer at Plucky Little Bournemouth. How does that work then?

He owns 75% of the shares through a British Virgin Islands holding company. He appoints directors to be his eyes and ears at AFCB.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
He owns 75% of the shares through a British Virgin Islands holding company. He appoints directors to be his eyes and ears at AFCB.

Next question: Newcastle have one guy (Lee Charnley) listed as Managing Director. Then he's the only listed director too.

Is that a similar scenario, given that Ashley is the owner?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We're going to need the SKY money just to print Adam Brett's business cards :mad:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Moving on to the FAPL rules now. Yes, I am a nerd.

I've just noted that if two teams end on the same number of points, having identical goal difference and goals scored records, they will be deemed to have finished in the same position, unless it affects the title race, competition qualification (e.g. Europe) or relegation.

Who knew??

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Bad times for Leicester's pitch curator :nono:

The height of the pitch grass shall not exceed 30mm and the entire playing surface must be cut to the same height. The grass shall be cut so as to display straight, parallel lines across the entire width of the pitch, perpendicular to the touchlines. No other form of pitch presentation (such as circular or diagonal patterns) is permitted.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The rich Russian isn't listed as a director or officer at Bournemouth. How does that work then?

Edit: nor is Abramovich at Chelsea. I guess, therefore, you don't have to be a director to own a club?

Unless the articles stipulate, a shareholder doesn't have to be a director.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I like the fact that I could phone Kevin Corner and tell him just how s**t his ground is.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Next question: Newcastle have one guy (Lee Charnley) listed as Managing Director. Then he's the only listed director too.

Is that a similar scenario, given that Ashley is the owner?

That is correct. The shares in Newcastle are owned by another company called MASH Holdings, which is owned by (M)ike (Ash)ley.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bad times for Leicester's pitch curator :nono:

The height of the pitch grass shall not exceed 30mm and the entire playing surface must be cut to the same height. The grass shall be cut so as to display straight, parallel lines across the entire width of the pitch, perpendicular to the touchlines. No other form of pitch presentation (such as circular or diagonal patterns) is permitted.

Nothing worse than some jobsworth telling you how to trim your bush for the big day

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Moving on to the FAPL rules now. Yes, I am a nerd.

I've just noted that if two teams end on the same number of points, having identical goal difference and goals scored records, they will be deemed to have finished in the same position, unless it affects the title race, competition qualification (e.g. Europe) or relegation.

Who knew??

This is potentially a million pound question.

Under the rules governing the distribution of broadcasting revenues, there are four pots of money. One of these is in relation to the final position achieved in the table.

Each step up is worth approximately £2.1 million, so if two clubs were in the situation you described above they would split the difference.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Of the twenty clubs in the Premier League, there's only one so amateurish that it doesn't know its own ground capacity.

529e772f4167fdf504e168850dea27b9.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here