Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will the emotions hit home?

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Taken to my first game Nov 6th 1983...relegated that season....and at times over the last 34yrs never thought I'd see us back in the top flight in my lifetime.
The emotions of getting promoted were immense!!!....but is the game tomorrow giving you more butterflies??

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Taken to my first game Nov 6th 1983...relegated that season....and at times over the last 34yrs never thought I'd see us back in the top flight in my lifetime.
The emotions of getting promoted were immense!!!....but is the game tomorrow giving you more butterflies??

Yes.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm kinda looking forward to watching game on tv tomorrow, a tad nervous having to wait till 5pm, rather than the usual ko time.
But the wait will be worth it.
Not sure I'll be as nervous as [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION], after he gets home to release the 41,000 pints of Guiness, consumed tomorrow :wink:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Enjoy the build up and the day tomorrow. Pray for an unexpected result but don't expect one against the so called 'top six' sides. I've had GOSBTS going around my head for weeks.....oh, and the songs from Moana, I've had a singalong with the granddaughter recently:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No.

Blimey this is beginning to teeter on the edge of Princess Dianadom.

No team has had a more turbulent time of the last 30 years than Brighton.
So many up or down emotional matches.

But after 3 near misses the club and it's 30,400 luxury stadium are now playing in the division above, having spent £40m last season, to get there.

Let's not get too 'Greatest League In The World'.

Beyond being really pleased for Tony can't we just crack on with the season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Think you mean Nov 6th 1982, that was my first game too. 1-0 win over Man Utd.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Match of the Day on Saturday night I think. Tomorrow will be a bit of a blur.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We need to start our relegation scrap from the first minute. Us the fans I mean.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Just this minute watched Man City's pre season games against a cuppla pretty tasty sides. 3-0 trashing of Spurs and 4-1 tonking of lowly Real Madrid. They are overloaded with such an array of superstars... oh dear. But who knows. Just want to see our boys compete against the best and see we are. Bring it on

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I remember as a young lad, being able to stand behind the north stand goal at the Albion's 1st game in the top flight 1979. Not used to losing home games the previous 2 seasons, I got to see some quality goals close to where I was stood.

0-4 to Arsenal. I hope for a slightly better result against similar top quality opposition tomorrow.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I've seen us spank 4 past Man City twice. Get at em, it's not over you know.
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour....hell no.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Don't know when it will hit me but I am sure it will could be walking to the ground from the coach park, singing GOSBS being almost the only fan not wearing the current shirt who knows when it will hit home but it will

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
No.

Blimey this is beginning to teeter on the edge of Princess Dianadom.

No team has had a more turbulent time of the last 30 years than Brighton.
So many up or down emotional matches.

But after 3 near misses the club and it's 30,400 luxury stadium are now playing in the division above, having spent £40m last season, to get there.

Let's not get too 'Greatest League In The World'.

Beyond being really pleased for Tony can't we just crack on with the season.

Not really my point!!!
For me...34 years of supporting our team..is it tomorrow that really feels like the emotional journey is complete...for me..."yes"!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Don't know when it will hit me but I am sure it will could be walking to the ground from the coach park, singing GOSBS being almost the only fan not wearing the current shirt who knows when it will hit home but it will

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here