Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO MODS: Are There Any Circumstances Under Which We Can Have A Paul Rogers TributeThread?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Remember asking Paul for some advice on a project I was considering a few years ago. He was so helpful, he even came to my house about it and had a coffee and a nice chat.
Also, when I popped into Dicks for lunch a few times he always came over for a chat. Top bloke.

When I worked on a contract for Southern Water across the road a few years back, I took my boss for a lunchtime beer and panini in Dick's Bar . Dodge happened to be passing and stopped for a chat. After he'd gone, my boss asked who that was. I just turned and pointed to the glass engraving on the window directly behind him.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think Dodge's only problem is that he is just too nice a bloke for the cut throat world of 21st century football administration. Having met him several times and know hm to speak to, he is just one of the most decent blokes you are ever likely to meet.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm being really dim here but who is that behind her? I can see Oatway, Cullip, Zamora, FDM, Dodge but can't place this bloke!

It's Crosby.
Always liked Paul. Met him a couple of times and he came across as a lovely bloke. The fact that he was at the cricket with Dick Knight suggests thst whatever happened he still has friends at the Albion.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm being really dim here but who is that behind her? I can see Oatway, Cullip, Zamora, FDM, Dodge but can't place this bloke!

Directly behind her, can just see his hair and forehead?
I think it's Paul Brooker, definitely not Crosby IMO.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Is it Paul Brooker?

Paul Brooker and Junior Lewis?

The short bloke virtually hidden by the woman is almost certainly Paul Brooker. By a process of elimination, I think the taller guy behind Brooker might be Danny Webb.

There is a picture from a different angle in the programme from the following season:-

Celebration2002.jpg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It was the bloke whose face you can see (the taller chap) that I was trying to place.
Yes, still think it's Crosby. The hairline glimpse is Brooker!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The taller bloke behind Brooker definitely isn't Crosby - he left in December 2001 to join Oxford United.

Yes, still think it's Crosby. The hairline glimpse is Brooker!

AZ Gull is correct, I have just been looking at books etc and Crosby had left. This was the second trophy we won at Withdean 2002 ( Division 2 )

It doesn't look like him, and he had left the club 4 months earlier!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here