Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watching BHA on TV this year

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
How about IPTV ? I get about 400 channels , catch up , on demand. Football wise it has sky sports , bt sports , bein sports all the US and Canadian sports including the new nbc pass . Being here in new Zealand for the last 6 months I'm really hoping to be able to watch every game. It's only £10 a month !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But you can get it on your computer, and link to your TV by HDMI cable. Bypass the Tivo box altogether.
Computer, fine. But the tele hasn't even got a remote, so I doubt if it would know what to do with an HDMI cable! Come to think of it, neither would I!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
How about IPTV ? I get about 400 channels , catch up , on demand. Football wise it has sky sports , bt sports , bein sports all the US and Canadian sports including the new nbc pass . Being here in new Zealand for the last 6 months I'm really hoping to be able to watch every game. It's only £10 a month !

There's quite a lot of 'free downloads' for IPTV for Windows. Anyone tried any, or are the all dodgy?

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley

That explains the surge in people wanting to move to NZ, it's not the Trump factor!

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
For EE mobile customers that have free access to BT Sports App - a solution to watching on a TV.
Sorry if already posted - have been trying to get BT Sports on TV via my mobile - blocked - can't media stream - can't watch on tablet - device must have EE sim.
But, if you have Windows 10, you can download the Wndows 10 BT Sports app and logon with your the same EE credentials that you use on your phone - just spent an hour and a half with a very moody laptop, but got it updated, - Windows and the Windows Store, BT Sports app installed and then connected via HDMI to my TV and watched a bit of Partick Thistle v Celtic - will be doing the same with the Brighton game tomorrow :)

But you CAN media stream from your EE Sim mobile if you have a Chromecast device. The app has a greyed-out Chromecast icon in the top right-hand screen which lights up once your Chromecast is connected. You should be able to pick up a cheap Chromecast on eBay for about a tenner (or £30 new). I have a first generation device and the picture is fine.

Or if your tablet supports a sim card you could try slipping your EE sim into it (maybe with a converter if they're different types).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Computer, fine. But the tele hasn't even got a remote, so I doubt if it would know what to do with an HDMI cable! Come to think of it, neither would I!

I can see that you might face some issues:

IMG_2198.JPG

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
But you CAN media stream from your EE Sim mobile if you have a Chromecast device. The app has a greyed-out Chromecast icon in the top right-hand screen which lights up once your Chromecast is connected. You should be able to pick up a cheap Chromecast on eBay for about a tenner (or £30 new). I have a first generation device and the picture is fine.

Or if your tablet supports a sim card you could try slipping your EE sim into it (maybe with a converter if they're different types).

From the EE website:-

"The BT Sport app cannot be viewed on any digital media players. Mirroring using services such as Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV Stick on televisions, computers or any other portable equipment capable of receiving or transmitting television broadcasts isn’t possible. So you can't sling, fling or cast content from the app on your phone or connected tablet to other digital media players".

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Got an emailed offer from Now TV of 4 months football for 20 quid a month, showing Sky Sports live matches in the PL and Championship. I am tempted, that's a decent offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here