Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flags Being Placed on West Stand Seats Ready For Tomorrow?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
can`t we just treat it like a normal game, makes us look tin-pot and should have learned after the Bristol City game.

Try as people might it's not a 'normal' game ..first time back in the top flight for over thirty years against a club tipped to be champions..not quite the norm

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair to the club's commercial department, it's a very smart move, albeit a very cynical part of home fan manipulation. A Pyongyang-style flag display will irresistibly guarantee a slot in any pre-match hype for any forthcoming Albion match shown across the globe, on huge numbers of networks, thereby raising the club's profile immeasurably worldwide.

For better or worse, this is what we've collectively signed up for. And if we don't like it, they're umpteen thousand JCVLs on the waiting list just belatedly gagging to fly the flag.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ah well it's gonna happen now so roll with it!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The flags will make it look great for telly worldwide. But thank God, no opera singer. And once this one's out of the way, let's just make them all normal league games please!!

See I don't think they do because when everyone has them it's obvious they've been planted there. Each to their own though.

How about a free pint each instead?

el punal

To be fair to the club's commercial department, it's a very smart move, albeit a very cynical part of home fan manipulation. A Pyongyang-style flag display will irresistibly guarantee a slot in any pre-match hype for any forthcoming Albion match shown across the globe, on huge numbers of networks, thereby raising the club's profile immeasurably worldwide.

For better or worse, this is what we've collectively signed up for. And if we don't like it, they're umpteen thousand JCVLs on the waiting list just belatedly gagging to fly the flag.

Kim Jong-un my Lord! Kim Jong-un! O Lord Kim Jong-un!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I do think there's a degree of tinpottedness about this.

It kind of sends the message 'we're just happy to be there', plucky little Brighton waving their little flags.
Not exactly 'it's just another game'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here