Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Tickets appearing for big money on resale websites

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well said, this would be the best way. Basically there will be fans listing tickets every week and will go unless they sell at many times the asking. Its not in the spirit of the Albion and needs to be stopped

There could be ID checking but this could be OTT as many lend tickets to family/friends, use some elses fans number etc and really its pretty innocent

If you were checked and had given the ticket to a family member or close friend I think it would be easy to demonstrate. I'd hope the club would use their discretion and common sense in such cases. This is very different to scalping and I hope everyone caught doing this gets the full force of Barber.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A plastic scouser down our local offered my lad a hundred quid for his ST for the Liverpool game the other night. He said no.

"How much then ?"
"I'm not selling it"

*proud*

So easy to solve. With all the scares about letting a friend or family member use your ticket if you can't go the club could sort this easily.

A) buy overpriced ticket
B) cancel the season ticket of the person who was profiteering
C) resell said season ticket to next on the waiting list and recoup the cost of the inflated price they paid.

Do this for a game or two and the message will soon get out that you can't get away with it and it will stop.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
E3C East Upper showing 2 tickets for sale. Better not be sitting next to me or it WILL kick off like Leeds last year.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I guess if a corporate ticket just says 'corporate' then they'll let the holder through. 'Normal' tickets, and season tickets, I believe have names printed on them.

I wasn't there so can't confirm but I heard they were checking IDs at some away games towards the end of last season - QPR was one I think?

Didn't see any checks at any games last year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Presumably people could be picking them up on the ticket exchange and then putting them up for onward sale too ?

Would very simple to forward on the pdf print at home ticket to the purchaser. Club won't know it's happened unless the resale site has the specific seat number made public.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Possible that this was a wind-up, I admit...

[tweet]850400594498027520[/tweet]

I was there and didn't see anyone being ID checked....just plenty of QPR stewards being powerdrunk nobs

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We will experience a new thing this weekend, "The Premier League Socceur Tourist"
On the flip side they'll rock up early, spend £££'s in the shop, eat, drink and be Mary.
Me and the Stat's will lollop in, eat our sarnies on the East Stand bank, then use the toilet on the way through to our seats.

If I were Mr Barber I know which fans I'd be encouraging back.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
On the flip side they'll rock up early, spend £££'s in the shop, eat, drink and be Mary.
Me and the Stat's will lollop in, eat our sarnies on the East Stand bank, then use the toilet on the way through to our seats.

If I were Mr Barber I know which fans I'd be encouraging back.

Looking forward to the 'being Mary' bit. This premier league lark is VERY different from the Championship then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Stop being such a cocck juggling thunder hunt , it's denying genuine fans on the ST waiting list a chance to watch the Albion. Instead their potential seat is being taken by someone who would rather sell it on and even worse it's then going to a non- Albion fan who can simply afford to go to games as they are wealthier than some of us.

Calm down sweetheart I'm not being an anything. I've bought tickets off touts and off these second chance sites and sold through them so I'd be a hypocrite to moan about people doing it for the Albion. Look on those sites EVERY top flight game in the major leagues has tickets for sale. I'm off to Munich in a month or so and Bayern are at home on the Saturday. Getting a ticket for them is near on impossible via the usual ways and means so if I want to go to the game I'll either have to chance it when I'm out there or buy one now on Viagogo. They want £100 at the moment so I'm favouring towards the former. This game was on general sale and tickets were available until very recently, they still may be I've not looked. So no one who wants to go to the game has missed out. They've even just been crap at buying a ticket or they are using it as an excuse.

I stick by what I said. If anyone has £600 to spend on a game then good luck to them. I'm sure they'd be plenty of BHA fans similar to [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] who'd except £600 for their ticket. Plenty that wouldn't granted and plenty that would say they wouldn't on here but in reality if 600 sheets was sat on the table in front of you may be a different story.

So I won't resort to name calling like you have but stop being so precious and join the real world.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Possible that this was a wind-up, I admit...

Not a wind up. We were near the front of a rather long queue before the turnstiles opened and there were 2/3 guys noting peoples ticket details and names. Worked their way down the queue.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here