Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Tickets appearing for big money on resale websites

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Surely the more prevalent this is, the more they'll start IDing everybody who walks through the turnstiles - leading to BANS coming for anyone who loaned their season ticket to their elderly father for one midweek game against Stoke.

I don't know how this would work, there are loads of 'corporate' tickets in normal seating areas that are available, I can pick one up and flog it, there's no ID of me on it......

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Buy up tickets for this game, identify the original purchasers, ban them for life and publicise that fact. If anyone else did the same after that they'd be stupid.

Harsh? Maybe. So perhaps a "next strike and you're out" warning. If the club demonstrated they took this seriously, fans would soon cotton up and not want to risk their own ability to attend games.

Well said, this would be the best way. Basically there will be fans listing tickets every week and will go unless they sell at many times the asking. Its not in the spirit of the Albion and needs to be stopped

There could be ID checking but this could be OTT as many lend tickets to family/friends, use some elses fans number etc and really its pretty innocent

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I don't know how this would work, there are loads of 'corporate' tickets in normal seating areas that are available, I can pick one up and flog it, there's no ID of me on it......

I guess if a corporate ticket just says 'corporate' then they'll let the holder through. 'Normal' tickets, and season tickets, I believe have names printed on them.

I wasn't there so can't confirm but I heard they were checking IDs at some away games towards the end of last season - QPR was one I think?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
There could be ID checking but this could be OTT as many lend tickets to family/friends, use some elses fans number etc and really its pretty innocent

I agree, but the club could argue it costs them money. If you can't go, why should they let you hand it to a family member when they could make a tenner out of an on-line resale to somebody you don't know?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Buy up tickets for this game, identify the original purchasers, ban them for life and publicise that fact. If anyone else did the same after that they'd be stupid.

Harsh? Maybe. So perhaps a "next strike and you're out" warning. If the club demonstrated they took this seriously, fans would soon cotton up and not want to risk their own ability to attend games.

Seem to recall one case in the past, think it was at the Albion, where a ticket got traced back to the original purchaser and it turned out to be a somewhat naive impoverished student who claimed he was only trying to top up his student grant (remember those?) to make ends meet. He was so horribly remorseful that I almost ended up feeling sorry for him. Almost.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The Leather Jumpsuit Years :drool:

Diana Rigg's uncle, one Arthur Rigg by name, used to be my English teacher. He took our class of spotty 14 year old boys to see a matinee of his niece playing Lady Macbeth at the Old Vic once. It was fantastic. Not least because she got her kit off. Shakespeare doesn't get much better than THAT :banana:

Jammy sod.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This is all somewhat disturbing given the warnings of dire consequences for any STH that gives their ticket to a family member or good mate when they can't attend. (Which I have never done and I don't know of anybody who has ever done it!!).

Do we know what the club are intending to do?

It's one thing to pass on a ST to family or friend...but this another thing altogether. This is blatant profiteering at the club's expense.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Don't see the issue myself.

If someone is prepared to pay £600 to watch a game of football good luck to them.

Stop being such a cocck juggling thunder hunt , it's denying genuine fans on the ST waiting list a chance to watch the Albion. Instead their potential seat is being taken by someone who would rather sell it on and even worse it's then going to a non- Albion fan who can simply afford to go to games as they are wealthier than some of us.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Stop being such a cocck juggling thunder hunt , it's denying genuine fans on the ST waiting list a chance to watch the Albion. Instead their potential seat is being taken by someone who would rather sell it on and even worse it's then going to a non- Albion fan who can simply afford to go to games as they are wealthier than some of us.

Means tickets getting into the hands of anyone that can afford it, a Man U fly in, fly out from Hong Kong. Sending mail to PB on the subject

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What kind of MORON would pay that, to watch a football match?

For £600 I'd want to watch the 1970 World Cup Final, and get to keep the time machine.

I'll assume payment by return :thumbsup:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
How many 'genuine fans on the ST waiting list' tho? Far fewer than the size of the waiting list for sure.

Were you a genuine fan when you first started watching? If people are joining now on the waiting list, their Paid into the scheme, so hopefully we get them to stay around!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here