Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coutinho off to Barca

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Not easy to lose the one player who can single-handedly win you matches - think Gareth Bale when he left Spurs

Spurs challenged for the title the last two years, more than they did when Bale was there. If Liverpool reinvest the money wisely they could do the same; the question is whether they've got deals lined up ready to go in time for 31st August...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A complete side point but it drives me MAD when clubs say "Player x is NOT for sale" or "Liverpool will not consider ANY bids for Coutinho"

EVERY player in the world is for sale at the right price. I'm not LOOKING to sell my house but if someone called an offer through for 2 times it's value then we're off.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When reading the well informed stuff from the likes of Guillem Balague and Graham Hunter on this, and other moves such as Neymar's, in reality the families are heavily involved, wages agreed, first house chosen and so on ... all long before the current club are even contacted by the next club or player.

No surprise perhaps.

But Stains went berserk earlier this summer when they got wind that Liverpool had tapped up VVD and Stains are getting increasing angry with poaching clubs per se. They were close to going to the FA or PL.

It seems like a transfer wild west, with players always getting what they want, with Stains as King Cnnuuuuutt 'getting tough'.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Spurs challenged for the title the last two years, more than they did when Bale was there. If Liverpool reinvest the money wisely they could do the same; the question is whether they've got deals lined up ready to go in time for 31st August...

But look what happened in the season after they sold him - £86 mill panic buys like Paulinho, Soldado, Lamela, Chadli, Capoue, Chiriches and a disappointing 6th place finish. I can see a similar outcome at Liverpool.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But Stains went berserk earlier this summer when they got wind that Liverpool had tapped up VVD and Stains are getting increasing angry with poaching clubs per se. They were close to going to the FA or PL.

It seems like a transfer wild west, with players always getting what they want, with Stains as King Cnnuuuuutt 'getting tough'.

You can hardly blame them though, when Liverpool have basically assigned them as their designated feeder club these last few years.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
This is disappointing but that's football. Until now, he has been quiet but obviously having the Barca transfer committee sent back home with nothing they have pushed him into asking for a transfer.
Before you all start saying HAHAH what about VVD and Keita? Your correct that's football. We paid £8.5 million for him and I understand that LFC are looking for £120m plus Gomes, that sort of profit built the AMEX! Personally I would let him go.
Any player who hands in a transfer request, and the owning clubs valuation is met why keep an unhappy player?
VVD will cost £75m and Keita's buyout next year is £48m, not a bad exchange overall.
The world of football does however seem a million miles away from when I sat in the boys pen on the Kop 50 years ago and completely baffles me.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Oh well. At least there's another team we might finish about.

He's quietly gone about being one of the worlds best midfielders for about 3 years. Shame he peaked before Liverpool. Good luck to him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is it just me or....the only news about players of other teams in our division that interests me concerns the injury or suspension of key players of teams we are soon to play?

:shrug:

:wink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here