Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coutinho off to Barca

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The last few days have seen a few of my plastic Liverpool 'fans' categorically stating that Coutinho would not be leaving. He's now put in a transfer request, teehee. :clap2:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The last few days have seen a few of my plastic Liverpool 'fans' categorically stating that Coutinho would not be leaving. He's now put in a transfer request, teehee. :clap2:
What, like Stephens? Hardly proof of anything.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If he leaves then Liverpool can kiss goodbye to a top four finish.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
200 Million price tag coming...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Some interesting games going there......think Fenway knew it was coming, hence their statement saying they wouldn't sell him (ie forced his hand). Now he's made the request, it'll cost Barca even more........?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
If he leaves then Liverpool can kiss goodbye to a top four finish.

Depends how quickly they can spend the £120m they'll get for him; if they've got any sense they'll have been lining up potential replacements. They could probably sort their defence out with that money, which overall could leave them better than they are now...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I am not a Liverpool fan in any way shape or form, in fact I have a chip on my shoulder about them, but in this case I stand with the club. The player signed a contract, get on with it.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I didn't say it was proof of anything although it is proof that he has put in a transfer request which has amused me due to the plastic fans having no understanding how the football world works.
Well, you did as the title of the thread states definitively he is off to Barca.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Liverpool know all about this situation. Who can forget when they bagged £50mill for Torres then spunked £35 mill of it on Andy Carroll on the last day of the transfer window.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Sign of the times: NSC interested in Premier League transfers in a way unheralded in the past.

Still seems unreal to me that these movements might directly affect us this season.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He's quality, if Neymar is worth 200M then they can hold out for at least 75% of that for Countinho.

Totally agree. They should hold out for £150m+ for him. Why they'd accept anything less is beyond me considering the market.

Also, if they sell, they'd summer from the same issues that Barca are clearly suffering from. A load of cash and a limited amount of time to find an adequate replacement for a key player?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fake news

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Depends how quickly they can spend the £120m they'll get for him; if they've got any sense they'll have been lining up potential replacements. They could probably sort their defence out with that money, which overall could leave them better than they are now...

Have they left it a bit late to spend the money on a replacement in which case why let him go

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Not easy to lose the one player who can single-handedly win you matches - think Gareth Bale when he left Spurs.

There's less than 3 weeks of the window left and replacing Coutinho like for like would be a big ask - these deals normally take months to pin down. And with Man Utd getting their sh1t together there's a fair chance Liverpool will struggle to make Top 4 again. Players of that ilk want to be guaranteed Champions league football year in year out.

Southampton will be watching this situation with interest. £120 mill from Barca no would probably put £10mill on Virgil Van Dijk's fee.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here