Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Games moved for tv

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Anyone know why the Everton fixture is only provisionally scheduled for tv?

I think that may be a smokescreen. PL website says that the fixture change is 'by club and PL agreement'.

Everton's site try and patch over it by claiming that they now have an additional day of preparation after the international break.

But they also say it will be a Blues on Tour match - whereby Everton help out their fans because it's now a crap kick off time.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Ironic - or more accurately just annoying - that 2 games which are among the most attractive to Albion fans all season aren't being televised. Man Utd on TV would have gone down well with everyone that will struggle to get a ticket. Likewise Palace.

As soon as confirmed, straight on to the Man Utd web site for a ticket. Sold out now, I think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Outside of the UK they all are - it's only a matter of time I reckon.

Is that correct? I have booked to go to Spain on 31st August for 10 days knowing there was an international break but I made the mistake of thinking that the WBA game was away on 9th Sept but then realized yesterday when advertised as the next home game that I had made a mistake. Will this be on TV in Spain or will I be looking at a stream for the game?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is that correct? I have booked to go to Spain on 31st August for 10 days knowing there was an international break but I made the mistake of thinking that the WBA game was away on 9th Sept but then realized yesterday when advertised as the next home game that I had made a mistake. Will this be on TV in Spain or will I be looking at a stream for the game?

Same as in the UK - each country has TV companies that have bought the rights. You'll need to be somewhere that has paid to show them.

You couldn't watch games here on Tv without a Sky or BT subscription, difference abroad is there are no restrictions on showing 3pm Saturday KOs, and all games are covered. Different broadcasters will choose different games to show.

List of countries showing the game :
http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/2502756/brighton-hove-albion-vs-west-bromwich-albion/

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Peeved the Newcastle game been moved to the Sunday as I be flying at that time but on the plus side I'll be in Bangkok with the wife for the Arsenal game and it's our anniversary ....................so treat her too brunch at the Sheraton Grand then shoot off down soi Nana while she's shopping to watch the game !!!

Back of the net !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Same as in the UK - each country has TV companies that have bought the rights. You'll need to be somewhere that has paid to show them.

You couldn't watch games here on Tv without a Sky or BT subscription, difference abroad is there are no restrictions on showing 3pm Saturday KOs, and all games are covered. Different broadcasters will choose different games to show.

List of countries showing the game :
http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/2502756/brighton-hove-albion-vs-west-bromwich-albion/

That link does not show Spain so perhaps will have to wait until we get there and look again. The appartment is owned by an Englishman who says it has satellite TV and English speaking stations. Brother in law is registered as having learning difficulties so his enjoyment is watching TV in the evening. Where we can all go on tablets or laptops or read he cant.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Just noticed that there are engineering works on the Coastway West line scheduled for the day of the Newcastle match (Sun 24th Sep). Buses replacing trains between Barnham & Brighton.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Also issues for the Everton match (Sun Oct 15th) for anyone travelling from the Bognor/Littlehampton area. And, separately, for anyone travelling from London - there's stuff going on between Victoria and East Croydon.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Also issues for the Everton match (Sun Oct 15th) for anyone travelling from the Bognor/Littlehampton area. And, separately, for anyone travelling from London - there's stuff going on between Victoria and East Croydon.

This gets better and better..... Buses between HH and Brighton on the day of the re-arranged Southampton game (Sun 29th Oct).

when did they move to Sunday?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here