Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Members The_Viper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    3,178


    1 Not allowed!
    So Tony's company could have contributed to getting Barton found out and banned. If you didn't love him enough already...

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32
      Stupid IDIOT Ernest's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2003
      Location
      LOONEY BIN
      Posts
      36,211


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm not sure that TB paid $130 million to buy the club!
      Dick Tight threw in some of the 1983 FA Cup final cash to sweeten the deal
    • #33
      Minister of Information
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      8,218


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Another media source thinking that Tony has made all his money from one source. What about his property development arm?
      The idea that his resources come through gambling is absurd. I'd say it's more a hobby on the side.
      I've lost my way. If anyone should find it, do return it quickly. I should imagine it quite rusty by now.
    • #34
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      32,556


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Se20 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Thought it was weird that Bloom wasn't listed as a director of Star Lizard, and he gave another one of his companies a 30 mill interest free loan.
      A generous businessman.
      Why is that weird, and why is it generous? What kind of bullshit statement are you trying to make?
      Mattress shopping
    • #35
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Sheffield
      Posts
      4,531


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why is that weird, and why is it generous? What kind of bullshit statement are you trying to make?
      It's the usual Palace straw clutching. Nothing to see here.
    • #36
      Members
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Location
      Way out west
      Posts
      1,783


      0 Not allowed!
      His name is not listed under Star Lizard as he is deliberately not a director, although he may own shares, probably to keep his interests in the football club away from his main gambling interests. I expect this is a FA/PL/EFL requirement.
    • #37
    • #38
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Patknull med Haksprut
      Posts
      36,232


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Viper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So Tony's company could have contributed to getting Barton found out and banned. If you didn't love him enough already...

      It didn't. The betting company that Barton had used for a number of years informed the authorities. What their motives were are unclear.

      I used to do some work with City a few years ago, always found Joey Barton to be pleasant, he was great with the kids who watched the players train. He's done some bad and some stupid things, but many of us have addictions and problems, and it doesn't make us automatically *****, so why him?
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
    • #39
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Posts
      16,956


      0 Not allowed!
      Self confessed Barton fan bringing some colour to the game.

      For every 10 public relations trained robots you need someone like Joey.

      Dragged up in the old world of football, dealing with the modern.

      I like him.

      There is clear hypocrisy in the game which allows betting to pump millions in the game, sorry.

      The fact that he wasn't allowed to appear in a Grenfell fund raising match is ridiculous.
      Last edited by clapham_gull; 12-08-2017 at 00:57.
    • #40
      #15/16th Goldstone1976's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Location
      East Anglia
      Posts
      8,106


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It didn't. The betting company that Barton had used for a number of years informed the authorities. What their motives were are unclear.

      I used to do some work with City a few years ago, always found Joey Barton to be pleasant, he was great with the kids who watched the players train. He's done some bad and some stupid things, but many of us have addictions and problems, and it doesn't make us automatically *****, so why him?
      Did he show the kids who attended the training session how he practicised performing a career-ending stamp on a fellow pro's leg in such a way as to make it plausible it was an accident?

      There's poor behaviour, of which, as you say, we're all guilty, and then there's potentially career-ending thuggery.
      6EQUJ5 2A

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •