Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Experts agree it's Curtains for the Albion!!!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Think I will go for Jude Summerfield's prediction of 15th.Supporter of Sussex CCC,and plays rugby for Brighton,so definitely knows his stuff!The rest havn't got a clue!:albion2:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
They're not experts, they are just everyday football fans who submit articles. No use getting your knickers in a twist over it.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Isn't this the same publication that had us as relegated at the beginning of last season

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I am more than happy that the pundits see us as cannon fodder this season. Let's hope the other 19 teams see us that way as well

el punal

To be honest it means absolutely nothing what these so called experts think. Probably never see us play either

I thinks it's great that we are favourites to go down as that gives us no pressure. IMHO I think we will comfortably finish between 10 - 14.

Two years ago we were predicted to be relegated from the Championship. We ended up 2nd= (alright 3rd on goal difference). Really this prediction lark is just so much bollocks.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
"hile I can't quite find a reason to have Huddersfield stay up other than David Wagner is quite cool."

That says it all.

I know I'm a Brighton fan, but I accept we will be in a relegation scrap. But why on Earth are people constantly touting Huddersfield for survival when all they've done is sign Championship players and came fifth in the league?

It's sheer arrogance and it's frustrating. I sincerely hope these are blasted everywhere in the training grounds to spur our boys on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't really get why anyone is bothered about these things.

If I was a neutral, I'd be tipping us for relegation too (along with Huddersfield, and one of Burnley, Swansea & Watford, possibly with an unexpected dive from Stoke, Palace or WBA just to add a bit of novelty value).

To be honest, the only thing that puzzles me is that nobody seems to include Newcastle in the mix (me included, until I typed that!). They didn't exactly smash all comers last season, and seemingly haven't done a lot of notable transfer business, so are pundits and the rest of us being fooled by Rafa and their original Big Club status?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Forget what they think, it's Kosh we need to ask.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The bookies have it differently. They have Huddersfield odds on to go down, but not us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

If I was a neutral, I'd be tipping us for relegation too (along with Huddersfield, and one of Burnley, Swansea & Watford, possibly with an unexpected dive from Stoke, Palace or WBA just to add a bit of novelty value).

To be honest, the only thing that puzzles me is that nobody seems to include Newcastle in the mix (me included, until I typed that!). They didn't exactly smash all comers last season, and seemingly haven't done a lot of notable transfer business, so are pundits and the rest of us being fooled by Rafa and their original Big Club status?

Spot on. If Rafa walks they are in deep doo-doo.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Back to our 'sub-radar' status then. Love it. They just won't see us coming!! T***s

I expect more of this 'WTF are they doing here?" bollox throughout the season. Bring it on, tossers.

I wonder if these 'experts' predicted we would go up last season?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We are certainly in a relegation scrap so it is no surprise that many will think that we will go.

However, we have surprised the accepted wisdom over and over so there is no reason we won't do it again. The last couple of signings won't have been taken into account and I don't think Hughton gets the respect he deserved so we are in with a decent chance.

Lets do it playing 4-3-3 too :)

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I reckon we might also get a few managers sacked with fans calling 606 "with all respect but we should be beating teams like Brighton.."
Good to be under the radar at least for the first season

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
The consistent predictions across the press and 'experts' that Huddersfield are in little danger or less danger of relegation than we are is fascinating.

For the sake of football I hope they stay up (not at our expense obviously) but you have to question the logic of the 'experts' and for me it comes down to this.

Huds have gone for the 'sign decent championship players' approach with one random unheard of striker thrown in to the mix. English players - they can hack the championship, they'll keep them up!

It might work? Who knows? The other aspect is the press are seemingly gagging for another Klopp to jump up and down and break his glasses in ultra HD.

I think we aren't fancied because the 'experts look at our squad on paper and have no idea or desire to do their homework on messrs Suttner, Gross and Propper, etc

Let's hope we continue under the radar and surprise the many not the few.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Don't give a shit where we finish if i'm honest. Only saw us a few times the last time we was in the top flight and after the crap we have been through i never thought i would see us play top flight football again. So i'm just going to enjoy the occasion and if were relegated meh!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

I've thought this for a while, Ashley is unpredictable, Rafa seems to be constantly bemoaning the transfer situation and the fans turn quicker than milk mixed with vinegar. A bad start and they could implode or they could do a Brighton and make a couple of top signings. Pundits are pretty lazy and predictable. Time will tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here