Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dealing with travellers the German way

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We had a load of the travelling community (I'm being polite here), move themselves into a local farmers field, Tuesday this week.
Today they started kicking up a stink in the local pub, the Mets finest turned up en mass and got rid of them finally.
The field has now been left like a shit tip.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Camped up in Sainsbury's Lyons farm ATM apparently.

There were some at the Adur Rec for a week or so and left a 2-3 days ago. Left tons of rubbish and cr@p all over the Rec that the council workers had to spend hours cleaning up - paid for by us locals, not those pikey sc*m. Honestly can say that they are the lowest of the low.

And on Sompting Recreation Ground

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15467345.Anger_as_travellers____mess_shuts_playground/?ref=mrb&lp=5

A CHILDREN’S playground has been closed after it was covered with human excrement when travellers took over a recreation ground.

Adur and Worthing councils closed the play area in Sompting Recreation Ground in West Street, Sompting, Worthing, to clean it.

Travellers moved on to the council-owned field on Friday but moved on yesterday morning after being served a legal notice of eviction.

Workers spent yesterday cleaning the mass of mess and litter left on the field popular with children and dog walkers – days before a community festival there.

Repairs had to be made to the broken fence to re-secure the site and locks on the toilet block were replaced.

Residents said they were appalled by the chaos left by the travellers who parked 15 caravans on the recreation ground.

Phil Bigg, 72, of Rectory Farm Road, Sompting, said: “They first appeared last Friday afternoon and more came down my road on Tuesday evening.

“There were on quad bikes pulling wheelies and doing spins in the rec. The council were really quick in tidying up. It’s disgusting really.”

During the occupation of the field, residents complained about antisocial behaviour.

One resident in Peveril Road, Sompting, said she was too scared to walk her dog.

The 53-year-old said: “They were about 20 caravans all over the rec.

“I didn’t feel safe to walk my dog there and I was quite intimidated. There was a car driving around at high speed without any thought for people’s safety or the dog walkers.

“It was just a disgrace.”

When The Argus visited the site, car tracks could be seen all over the ground.

Other residents complained about being kept up by loud generators and children screaming in an area which has several bungalows with disabled and elderly residents.

Chris Servante, 57, of White Style Road, criticised Sussex Police’s response to the antisocial behaviour.

He said: “We had police here when the council served the eviction notice and there were four kids on quad bikes and nobody lifted a finger and the cars were doing it till three in the morning.”

A council spokesman said: “An unauthorised encampment of about 20 caravans and vehicles moved off Sompting Recreation Ground this morning after the police issued a section 61 order for them to leave the site.

“Our staff have been on site all day carrying out a clean-up operation.

“We will continue to monitor the situation and work with the local community to ensure the area is ready in time for the Sompting Splash festival this weekend.”

We had a load of the travelling community (I'm being polite here), move themselves into a local farmers field, Tuesday this week.
Today they started kicking up a stink in the local pub, the Mets finest turned up en mass and got rid of them finally.

Wouldn’t happen in Germany

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Frankly..whilst I'm no lover of travellers...the idea of some on here that gassing the travellers is funny or paiseworthy need to have a look at themselves.

Moving them on is fair enough, but lets not jest about the merciless executions carried out by the SS.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A solution would be to let them stop for say a week in pre-agreed areas. Put a skip on site at the start and charge each van a £100 clean up bond. If they leave it spotless they get their money back.
If they don't agree move them on.

At the end of the week you'd have a load of dud cheques and a missing skip.

Frankly..whilst I'm no lover of travellers...the idea of some on here that gassing the travellers is funny or paiseworthy need to have a look at themselves.

Moving them on is fair enough, but lets not jest about the merciless executions carried out by the SS.

It's the last acceptable racism but it will go the way of monkey chants eventually, handy to have a good look at the people who indulge in it now though

I've had run-ins with anti social behaviour by travellers myself but the answer is to provide some infrastructure so host communities can cope, not for us to turn into nazi comedians

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I've had run-ins with anti social behaviour by travellers myself but the answer is to provide some infrastructure so host communities can cope, not for us to turn into nazi comedians

I wager literally all the change in my fanny-pack, that this thought ^ wasn't running through your mind at the time you faced the anti-social behaviour.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Worth noting that the 'traveller' community have effectively had their wings clipped in Ireland by the anti trespass laws, and that the eastern European population of Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Lithuania/Latvia hate the 'Romany' community with a vengeance. Even here down under, the Romanians are treated with contempt as they are thought to be robbers, thieves and untrustworthy. No smoke without fire........?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't understand why the constant law-breaking by some travelling communities is tolerated. It should be stopped.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Worth noting that the 'traveller' community have effectively had their wings clipped in Ireland by the anti trespass laws, and that the eastern European population of Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Lithuania/Latvia hate the 'Romany' community with a vengeance. Even here down under, the Romanians are treated with contempt as they are thought to be robbers, thieves and untrustworthy. No smoke without fire........?

Never mind , we have can offer sanctuary in the UK and improve our diversity as well .

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

We get them round our way quite often. They openly thieve from the village store because the staff are told not to confront them, for their own safety. They defecate, in the open, wherever they like because they don’t want to do it in their caravans. They steal anything that isn’t bolted down and intimidate old people into spending fortunes on work to their homes that isn’t required. They leave a disgusting mess wherever they go and they just don’t care. Simply, they are scum and are not wanted in our society, other than by those who profess to see no bad in anyone, regardless of the utter contempt and disregard these people show for others.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Easy solution for when they're in a farm field. Farmer hitches up his muck spreader filled with manure to his tractor and starts muck spreading on the field. That's what happens on farms ... suggest you move your caravans sharpish.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Easy solution for when they're in a farm field. Farmer hitches up his muck spreader filled with manure to his tractor and starts muck spreading on the field. That's what happens on farms ... suggest you move your caravans sharpish.

Agreed, but they'd already spread their luck in the field.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here