Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Saturday be your first Premier League game?

Will this Saturday be your first Premier League game?

• Yes!

Votes: 74 39.8%
  • Nope, I've been to other teams' games

Votes: 112 60.2%

• Total voters

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Like most Brighton fans I'm getting more and more excited about Saturday as the week rolls by. Today I realised I've never been to a Premier League game before. I've been to games in League One, the Championship, The FA Cup, the League Cup, Serie A, Serie B, the Coppa Italia, The Europa League and the Bundesliga - but never a Premier League game. I'm happy about it, it feels right that my first would be watching my team.

How about you?

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Nope, my friend is a Chelsea STH along with his father, his father had an operation and had to miss a game v Newcastle maybe 7 or so years ago so I got to go.

Tickets were in the home end right behind the goal, and much to my surprise my neighbour in the seat next to me was Stephen Marcus who played Nick the Greek in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I went to Arsenal v West Ham 5 or 6 years ago after I ponced a ticket from someone at work.

0-0, shocking game. The Arsenal fans gave their own player Eboue absolute DOGS abuse all afternoon, and actually cheered when he got stretchered off injured.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No.

I knew a Fulham fan and through him I was able to see some PL games home and away. At Craven Cottage, predictably, it was that half of the away stand meant for home fans ... but in reality dominated by illicit legions from mega clubs like Liverpool and Brighton.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
No, not my first. I've seen Charlton upset Villa 4-3 at Villa Park, and Saints upset Liverpool 2-0 at St. Mary's. Another upset on Saturday to keep the run going would do nicely :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I went to Arsenal v West Ham 5 or 6 years ago after I ponced a ticket from someone at work.

0-0, shocking game. The Arsenal fans gave their own player Eboue absolute DOGS abuse all afternoon, and actually cheered when he got stretchered off injured.

I remember that. Eboue was the punch bag until he left, when the 'loyal' Gooners hated someone else in their first eleven.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Just one. Went to Old Trafford a few years back to see Man U v Fulham when's mate had a spare ticket. Got to see the likes of Teves and Ronaldo play but nothing like watching the Albion. Was a Monday night game so didn't clash with one of our fixtures

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I went to a few PL games back in the late 90s/early 00s.

Wimbledon 0-0 Derby - possibly the most dull game I've ever been to
Wimbledon vs Villa
Chelsea vs Derby
Southampton vs Sunderland

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My first Premier League game. I'm not overly excited by it to be honest, although I'm obviously pleased that we've got there.

The previous few seasons, and especially last season, makes me realise just how much I miss regular Saturday 3pm games.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I remember that. Eboue was the punch bag until he left, when the 'loyal' Gooners hated someone else in their first eleven.

The sense of entitlement there is incredible. Horrible atmosphere - its like the fans were just WAITING for something to moan about. Like having a stadium full of @BW 's.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No. My work had a few hospitality season tickets at St Mary's for a few years, before Saints fell OUT of the Prem.

In fact I was there the day they got relegated, and also the day Matt Oakley pushed the linesman over (right in front of us).

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
One of my Chelsea supporting mates had his birthday party as going to Chelsea v Coventry in 2000. I did get to see Zola, Hasselbaink and Andre Flo all score though. 6-1.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Fulham v Villa I was working in London. Saw Man U a couple of times early 90s as mate was a fan - not sure if PL or Div 1. Also Chelsea v Villa when Villa had a chance at the league - again, not sure if PL or Div 1.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Been to a few but Saturda's match will be the first featuring MY team. Looking forward to it immensely

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Nope, been to a couple

Fulham v West Brom about 10 years ago - ended 1-0 to Fulham
Chelsea v Villa - 4-4
West Ham v Chelsea - I think it ended either 3-2 or 2-1. Either way it was the day we got battered by Palace and me and the Mrs. nearly split up because I ditched Christmas decorations and her work meal to go to the West Ham match as my mate got me a free ticket in a box. The free beer alone was worth it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here