Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Saturday be your first Premier League game?

Will this Saturday be your first Premier League game?

• Yes!

Votes: 74 39.8%
  • Nope, I've been to other teams' games

Votes: 112 60.2%

• Total voters

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I've been to 2.

Sat next to Kelvin Morton (5 penalties Albion v Palace ref) at Leicester v Derby in 1997.
Also in 1997, I went to the Wimbledon v Arsenal game at Selhurst where the floodlights failed 13 seconds after halftime with the score 0-0.

Whatever this season brings, it's got to be better than that.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Yep.

I pretty much only follow the Albion; outside the top 7, I doubt I could name more than 1 player per side, and for some clubs, not even that. I expect that situation will change during the course of this season.

As an example, I hadn't heard of any of our signings this close season prior to them joining us. Naturally, I'm now an expert on all of them, especially Ryan, as I've seen him play.

I doubt most people had heard of them. But they're going to be world beaters now they've signed for us!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Voted it would be my first then just remembered I was taken to Chelsea v Liverpool when presidential candidate, George Weah, was playing for them. 2-0 to the blues if I recall.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Through complimentary tickets courtesy of a visiting player no less, but Chelsea v Leicester in 1994 was my first. Watched a 4-0 win to Chelsea amongst a lot of unhappy Midlanders.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool, I think Robbie Keane and Van Persie scored. Went to a couple of Saints games when I lived in Pompey too.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Chap at work gave me his ST for Everton v Arsenal when Rooney made his debut (and scored a cracker) and another game v Arsenal where they beat them 4-1 I think ending Arsenal’s long unbeaten record. That’s it I think.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Seen Spurs three times, including against Palarse who won 1-0 thanks to an Eddie McGoldrick goal. I was nearly as pissed off as my two Spurs supporting mates.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
No. Had a number of freebies over the years through work (Arsenal, Watford, Man City). Also saw Fulham, Charlton and Chelsea in the past with friends who had a spare ticket. Oh and Southampton as I was at Uni there. Saw them play Charlton and a couple of wonder strikes by Scott Parker.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
This will be my first ever top flight match.

I'm nervously excited. My problem is that I like to be at least half cut before kickoff, I have my daughters 3Rd birthday starting at 12 til 2 on Saturday in my local pub. Then off to the game.

I have the potential to have 5.5 hours of drinking to play with before kick off.

I will watch every second of the game Saturday. And sing my ****ing heart out all game whatever the result! I may even watch a bit of the warm up as I've never done it before at a competitive game.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I've been to saint marys & white hart lane many times through friends & stamford bridge

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
3 very pleasing away wins at the time, Villa at Anfield (loved that!) and West Ham and Sunderland, both at Forest.
Hoping my run of aways comes to a juddering halt on Saturday....

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
My first and only PL game was March 1995 at Tottenham vs Blackburn.

My then gfs lad was a big Spurs fan of 12 and it was brilliant his hero Klinsmann scored and Spurs won 3-2 I think in the year Blackburn were champions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here