Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Saturday be your first Premier League game?

Will this Saturday be your first Premier League game?

• Yes!

Votes: 74 39.8%
  • Nope, I've been to other teams' games

Votes: 112 60.2%

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes went to a fair number of Liverpool and Everton games when I lived up there. Also, for some reason, a Blackburn game. Wow that was dire.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went to a couple of Wimbledon home games in the 90s, at Selhurst :eek: I'm sorry :wrong:
Days out drinking really with a group of mates with a bit of football throw in, not big matches and bought tickets on the day.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Yes for me. Been with a friend who had spare tickets to watch Chelsea in champions league a couple times but that's about it

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Been to Anfield, White Hart Lane and Stamford Bridge to see games. With the exception of Liverpool, they meant nothing to me.

Tomorrow however, will mean everything.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Several times including Spurs v Wednesday, Chelsea v Everton, Arsenal v Wigan, Pompey v Newcastle. In fact my ex was an arsenal season ticket holder so I sometimes went with her to Highbury and saw them play Wednesday, Bradford, Man City. Highbury was a fantastic place.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Only Southampton a few times.

I've been to Chelsea a couple of times sponging off someone else's season ticket, but I think it was only for European Games.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
In a typical bus waiting way no. After all this time, and is getting promoted tomorrow was going to be my first. Then my son got offered a couple of tickets for tonight's match, so going to the Emirates tonight, then the main event tomorrow.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you are counting PL and not 'old division 1' then I've seen two:
Fulham v Newcastle (Barton scored)
Fulham v Liverpool (towards th end of the Rafa era)

If you include old div 1 games:
Chelsea v Leeds 1970 (3-1. 63,000 attendance)
Saints v Leeds circa 73
Saints v Leeds circa 77

The Fulham thing is; I like the stadium, and we were not playing at home at the time
The Leeds thing is ..... I grew up a Leeds supporter, as one may well have done in the early 70s. I went to Palace Leeds in the mid 70s but pretty sure this was not a div 1 game.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No. My work had a few hospitality season tickets at St Mary's for a few years, before Saints fell OUT of the Prem.

In fact I was there the day they got relegated, and also the day Matt Oakley pushed the linesman over (right in front of us).

I went to the Wednesday Arsenal game when Di Canio pushed the referee over (and then scared the shit out of Nigel Winterburn). Which was funny.

That's the only PL game I've been to IIRC.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If you are counting PL and not 'old division 1' then I've seen two:
Fulham v Newcastle (Barton scored)
Fulham v Liverpool (towards th end of the Rafa era)

If you include old div 1 games:
Chelsea v Leeds 1970 (3-1. 63,000 attendance)
Saints v Leeds circa 73
Saints v Leeds circa 77

The Fulham thing is; I like the stadium, and we were not playing at home at the time
The Leeds thing is ..... I grew up a Leeds supporter, as one may well have done in the early 70s. I went to Palace Leeds in the mid 70s but pretty sure this was not a div 1 game.

Surely with those dates, you'd have seen us in the old Div 1, too.

I'm also old enough to have seen us in the top division before (though my first Div 1 game was at Selhurst Park!).

In the Premier League era, I think I've only been to a few games at Southampton when the company I worked for had a box there. I saw Newcastle and Liverpool, but can't remember who else. Suarez was the best player I've ever seen live.

Oh, and I won't be there tomorrow. :down: I also missed our opener in the top division in 1979.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I've seen 3, all in Southampton.

Stains v Coventry, at the Dell in the away end with [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] and [MENTION=238]Uncle Buck[/MENTION].
Stains v Ipswich. A mate really wanted to go, but didn't want to go on their own. I had nothing better to do and tickets were cheap.
Stains v Sheffield Utd. Ticket was free and I was bored...

I have also done Everton v Chelsea in 1997 to finish the 92, then also saw Charlton v Palace in 2005 which saw Palace relegated!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I voted ye, but then remembered I went to a match at Charlton many years ago... versus Everton. They had a corporate package and we got a meal etc. I think Everton won.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I went to a couple of Wimbledon home games in the 90s, at Selhurst :eek: I'm sorry :wrong:
Days out drinking really with a group of mates with a bit of football throw in, not big matches and bought tickets on the day.
Oooh - forgot that. My old boss was a Boro fan and watched them at Smellhurst. Juninho's second game. Fitting for the stadium, it was a dire 0-0.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Only 1 game, Fulham v Liverpool at Loftus Rd, several years ago. Fulham were sharing with QPR at the time.

Can't remember the score, but do recall people arriving almost near to half time. Perhaps this is the Premier League reverse of people leaving early?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nope. In fact I've only ever been to ONE game in the fully professional leagues that wasn't a Brighton game. Oxford v Wycombe one New Year's Day when staying for new year with my sister in law. Her husband at the time was an Oxford fan and we both took their daughter to her first game.

I can't do football as a neutral in the ground, I need to be behind one team or another, which is odd because on telly I'll watch any old game I can get away with.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here