Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wonder how Gus Poyet is feeling today ?

D

Deleted User X18H

I also got on well with him. And liked the man. Actually very interesting to talk to on a non football subject.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
You support a club that parts with players and managers on bad terms pretty well all the time, we don't which is why the way Poyet behaved still irks some of us.

In your last 4 you have had Gus who yes parted on bad terms, also Garcia and Hypia who I would argue both left on bad terms (at least with the fans) and then your current manager who has done a great job. 2 of those managers moved the club forward that includes the current one and Gus

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Poyet was good for us. Without him we would still be picking up the pieces in Div 1.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Poyet was good for us. Without him we would still be picking up the pieces in Div 1.

You really believe with Bloom at the helm we'd still be in League One without Poyet? Not a fecking chance

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We were in the relegation zone of League 1, when Russell Slade was sacked. Poyet's first job was safety in that division.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In your last 4 you have had Gus who yes parted on bad terms, also Garcia and Hypia who I would argue both left on bad terms (at least with the fans) and then your current manager who has done a great job. 2 of those managers moved the club forward that includes the current one and Gus

Garcia quit after the play off defeat and has only sent messages of support since. Hyypia chose to resign when it became clear that he was completely out of his depth. Most Albion fans respected him for being so honourable. The only one who left on bad terms and with a massive fall out with the club and a large number of fans was Poyet

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
On what basis would you argue that Garcia or Hyypia left on bad terms?

Hyypia did the decent thing and resigned when miles out of his depth, Oscar resigned but has sent multiple good luck and congratulatory messages our way since.

I, for one, wouldn't regard either of them as having left on bad terms with anyone.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Garcia quit after the play off defeat and has only sent messages of support since. Hyypia chose to resign when it became clear that he was completely out of his depth. Most Albion fans respected him for being so honourable. The only one who left on bad terms and with a massive fall out with the club and a large number of fans was Poyet

There was a lot of moaning on here week in week out about both Garcia and Hypia. Then they both left. Sounds like great terms that

A few in this thread alone have already said what Gus did for Brighton which was very important to where you are today (or Saturday) and yes left on bad terms but surely you can let bygone be bygones now and when taking off your tinted glasses see what positives he did for the club

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
On what basis would you argue that Garcia or Hyypia left on bad terms?

Hyypia did the decent thing and resigned when miles out of his depth, Oscar resigned but has sent multiple good luck and congratulatory messages our way since.

I, for one, wouldn't regard either of them as having left on bad terms with anyone.

So you are happy with what they both did to move the club to the Premier League?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There was a lot of moaning on here week in week out about both Garcia and Hypia. Then they both left. Sounds like great terms that

A few in this thread alone have already said what Gus did for Brighton which was very important to where you are today (or Saturday) and yes left on bad terms but surely you can let bygone be bygones now and when taking off your tinted glasses see what positives he did for the club

He did brilliantly until he let his ego run away with him making him believe he was bigger than the club.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I also got on well with him. And liked the man. Actually very interesting to talk to on a non football subject.
Oh, did you meet him then? That's absolutely amazing!! What non football subjects did you talk about? Steam trains? Fire engines going the wrong way up your road? Lawyers who you know who have the inside track on the Falmer decision?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So you are happy with what they both did to move the club to the Premier League?
Oscar got us into the playoffs in the most injury-plagued season I have ever known, Sami was out of his depth.

I ask again - on what basis do you argue that either left on bad terms with the fans?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Garcia inherited a team in disarray (mostly due to Poyet) who then had key players poached by your club. He also had the worst ongoing injury problems that I have ever seen at this club. He may not have set the pulse racing but he got us to the playoffs against the odds. I'd argue he left in good terms although I accept Bloom may have been a bit pissed with him.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Oscar got us into the playoffs in the most injury-plagued season I have ever known, Sami was out of his depth.

I ask again - on what basis do you argue that either left on bad terms with the fans?

I did not mean bad terms as in falling out - more that most didnt seem too bothered when they both left. If it was great terms you would be happy with what they did and have progressed which neither managed.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Learn something ? He spent his career playing at the top level in Uruguay, Spain and England, won the Copa Del Rey, the Cupwinners Cup (twice), the UEFA Super Cup, the FA Cup, and played 26 times for his country during which time he won the Copa America.

Probably picked a fair bit up along the way there.

Owned. Well played.

My guess is he's sucking a thoughtful tooth before he gets home and dives into a Scrooge Mc Duck sized pool full of bitcoins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here