Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wonder how Gus Poyet is feeling today ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Stuck in Shanghai totally ignored by the media, his mate Tanno slumped by his side with his hands in his anorak pockets reading reports of the Albion spending over £20 million on TWO players in a week and a MASSIVE spending spree for the manager to get the squad PL ready.

I wonder if he feels any regrets with his stupid hitting the ceiling stuff ? Obvious from the spending that has been done since he went that it was a gradual process which in the end was successful than trying to do a Sheffield Wednesday etc and do it all in a season and then fail FFP.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I get the general point of the OP, but if the suggestion is that he'll be gutted because we are spending 'lots' of money, its worth remembering his current squad includes Carlos ****ing Tevez!

SAC

May 21, 2014
I suspect that he is telling everyone who will listen that he would have got promotion in 2014.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tevez is now 33, and not the hot property he was when we knew him in England.

For sure. But the suggestion seemed to be Gus should be gutted because we are now spending money. Our spending this window to date (£40m) is Tevez' reported annual salary :mad:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley it's time to move on.

I'm trying to work out how boring and defensive Hughton is going to set up a team with 8 wingers, while now seriously looking forward to Saturday.

Mr Poyet and all of that baggage is a long way from yesterdays news.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Patience is a virtue.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I would like to think he is wishing the club well for the coming season, when he isn't busy doing his job. As for the media coverage, do you mean any media Enrest? I am sure he gets his picture in the Shanghai Argus and is quoted at length by their football correspondent, An Dee Nay Lor.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Poyet did us well. Thanks very much & all that. I really can't be arsed to waste my time being bitter about him.

We've moved forward massively despite our blip with Hypia & it's time to keep going ...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm sure he regrets those comments made straight after the play-off defeat, but that was a moment of a raw emotion and frustration. I also regret punching a hole in a door after the final whistle that night but some things can't be undone.

Its a real shame that those few comments made in the immediate crushing disappointment of defeat that night have cast such a shadow over his wonderful 3 and a half years with us. From being threatened with relegation to the basement division to knocking on the door of the premier league, transforming our style of play and giving us a nationally-recognised identity, bringing us to the Amex on a high and giving us players like Calde, Vicente, Dunk and Ulloa.

It was a truly wonderful period of our history that set us up for everything that has followed in the last few years.

Really got no time for comments like this one...

Bloke's a complete egotistical cock whose stock as a manager has been quite rightly totally devalued. Same goes for his pathetic sidekicks.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Being a manager is so much more than what happens in the 90 minutes and Poyet's downfall was everything that happened before/after the game.

We are lucky to have Hughton (looks at Rafa throwing his toys out his pram to the media) Chris would NEVER do that.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
it also highlighted Blooms serious streak when it came to our beloved club, and signalled our integrity to the rest of the football world.
loved what poyet did for us but this is better and Hughton will leave with his head held high at the end

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bloke's a complete egotistical cock whose stock as a manager has been quite rightly totally devalued. Same goes for his pathetic sidekicks.

He has a massive ego yes. But l still think hebhas a lot to offer as a manager, and would love to see him do just that in the English leagues again. He didn't stay to finish the job, but he did well for this club in many ways too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Really got no time for comments like this one...

Poyet was the first Albion manager with the purse-strings loosened. Who's to say another manager couldn't have done just as well, as well as having the vision to keeping Murray on the payroll.

Lost all respect for the bloke earlydoors. Whenever we got a penalty at Withdean, muppet would make a big point of standing behind the dugout, mugging to the South Stand instead of watching the field of play and just maybe learning something. Shocking lack of prefessionalism. And guess what? He never ever got any more professional. It was always all about him. Bloke's a total wanker.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Did someone say Alex Pritchard? Any excuse to post this. From 1 minute and 45 seconds on please. Thank you.

A good article l think, and he comes across pretty well. He is right too, football is just a business to most players, he has no allegiances, so the decision to choose Norwich over Brighton, was just a business decision that he needed to make. Good luck to him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Poyet was the first Albion manager with the purse-strings loosened. Who's to say another manager couldn't have done just as well, as well as having the vision to keeping Murray on the payroll.

Lost all respect for the bloke earlydoors. Whenever we got a penalty at Withdean, muppet would make a big point of standing behind the dugout, mugging to the South Stand instead of watching the field of play and just maybe learning something. Shocking lack of prefessionalism. And guess what? He never got any more professional. Bloke's a total wanker.

Sorry, but that's nonsence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here