Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Ward

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
But you averaged 14k in the season before you went up. When you went up you averaged over 23k. Why does that make you think you would have had more people through the gates? You are not using logic here. Are the 9k you have increased all JCLs? Are you?

Your catchment area is actually very small, it is basically Croydon. Anyone in that area can get to Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, Chelsea in no time at all, you don't have a catchment area to boast about.

You used to get very small attendances then your new stadium kicked in.

Croydon isn't the only catchment area, we also have a large fanbase all over the Surrey area. I am from East Grinstead for example.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Croydon isn't the only catchment area, we also have a large fanbase all over the Surrey area. I am from East Grinstead for example.

You really are a bit thick aren't you? How do you work out an 8k capacity at a shithole (sorry Withdean) with an 20k state of the art stadium? Do we get 20k in an 8k stadium? Brighton always had a rock solid base of support, we did not have the facilities. We now have the facilities and people are using them. I still do not get your point.

As for catchment, you are either from that skank of a town moved to a better place or just know nothing about football clubs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Think that was mostly because we had a small ground. East Grinstead is in West Sussex, not Surrey - living there you should probably know that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The ONLY good thing about Joel Ward is that he has the surname of a legend.

After Bruno it would be like trading in your Rover 800 for a Mini Metro, and I'm not driving a Mini Metro, Lynn!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My point was that a lot of fans live outside of Croydon.
You're really struggling with the idea of getting what you mean down in writing, aren't you?

Maybe trolling isn't for you. Just a thought, you know, just in case you were worried about salvaging what little dignity you have left.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Just wondering why Fosu-Mensah on loan if the quote causing your "ROFL" isn't true?

Fosu-Mensah comes extremely highly rated. He was impressive for United in pre-season but with Valencia in his position at RWB it was unlikely he'd get much in the way of playing time. We're looking to offload Ward and will be playing Fosu-Mensah in his vacated right-sided role as soon as Tomkins/Sakho/Chambers are fit/sign.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
You're really struggling with the idea of getting what you mean down in writing, aren't you?

Maybe trolling isn't for you. Just a thought, you know, just in case you were worried about salvaging what little dignity you have left.

You are so aggressive! Jeez...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fosu-Mensah comes extremely highly rated. He was impressive for United in pre-season but with Valencia in his position at RWB it was unlikely he'd get much in the way of playing time. We're looking to offload Ward and will be playing Fosu-Mensah in his vacated right-sided role as soon as Tomkins/Sakho/Chambers are fit/sign.

I agree with you. F-M got mentioned the other day on the Brighton/Palave thread that turned spiteful.

When introduced by Van Gaal at ManUre he looked very good. But buy-success Maurinho will never have time for raw talents like F-M.

Interesting to see if how he does with Palace, or if Maurinho's lack of faith is proved correct.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Aggressive? You'll be hard pushed to find any aggression in that post, matey.

Humour me, please explain what's aggressive about that post?

Course it is. It was intimidating, rude and condescending. I am on here to talk football, but because you don't like my opinion you call it trolling.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm just generally watching posts here nowadays until I find a reason to post and boy do I find one here. I would love the Palace people posting to tell me what they prefer? Sustainability with structure or sustainability with players and money spunked on them? If we were both to go down next season do you Palace people think you'll be ok because you have bundles of money and just get back within a season? And what if you didn't? And what if the money men reduced their stake because you are literally worth nothing globally in the Championship and you have nothing to show for the money you've spent? How would you attract players? What could you tell them about your facilities? What could you say that would make a player choose you over another club, other than money? As I said before, you never seem to get the idea of sustainability and end up bankrupt. And yet watching the posts by this total thundercunt The Raver, all he cares about is the money. I think he is probably a Prem supporter. Does your club have a sustainable policy?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Course it is. It was intimidating and rude. I am on here to talk football, but because you don't like my opinion you call it trolling.
Rude? Your very first comment to me was to call me thick!

I'd call that trolling and that's what you are. You're just not very good at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here