Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    for the better
    regards
    DR
    Some better, some worse. Nothing we can do about it Das, so we might as well move with it.

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
    Yep. But is is much easier to get the English names right, like those Stone and Barclay blokes someone mentioned earlier! I wonder if they're related to Stones and Barkley?
    Or Forster or Hughton.
    "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Fingerlickin good Nigella's Cream Pie's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      Burnley have something like 21 of their 25 players being british or irish.

That's quite amazing.
      As opposed to Chelsea: Cahill is the only British player in their squad who's actually turned out for the 1st team

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      As long as we have a couple of Englishmen on the pitch i'm happy. I love the fact we have an array of nationalities in the squad.

Dunk, Solly, Muzza and Dale, two of which are local lads. That'll do me. Take them away and I may feel differently.
      Baldock (remember him?) and Goldson too.

1 Not allowed!
      So when do we field a starting XI of entirely non English players.

Personally if a Martian could guarantee 30 goals a season I'd get them in the team now.

The only concern would be 1 April 2019 onwards and how that dictates the make up of our squad
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post
      I personally preferred the days when we had maybe one or two non-British players in the team as distinct from this season when we'll be lucky have two or three British guys playing. Yes I know British players are overpriced; yes I know we are looking for the best value players available, but I can't help but look back fondly to the days when the football teams in England fielded mostly British players. At least I could pronounce their names back then.
      Would it not be a bit strange to have a squad that is mostly British? There are far more footballers in the world that are non-British so why would you expect the team to be mostly British? If anything you should expect it to be mostly non-british.
      Unless you are suggesting choosing people for jobs based on theor nationality? Which is a bit...wrong.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      *tut* yet another broken promise Gordon.

'Our system rests to a large extent on the notion that we accept the result of free and fair elections with good grace, even if we’ve lost, and get on with making the best of it.'
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Dicky View Post
      The Premier League is a global entity, it requires players from wherever we can get them, globally. You want mostly local players, then we'll stay in League One or lower. Unfortunate, but true. Personally, I'm quite happy that xxx from Columbia or Brazil actually WANTS to come to little ol' BHA.
      Yeah for £50 00 per week, bless em'.
      Last edited by BigGully; 10-08-2017 at 14:51.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
      Baldock (remember him?) and Goldson too.
      I said on the pitch which is why I highlighted those four who will be regulars. You missed Sidwell too.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post
      I personally preferred the days when we had maybe one or two non-British players in the team as distinct from this season when we'll be lucky have two or three British guys playing. Yes I know British players are overpriced; yes I know we are looking for the best value players available, but I can't help but look back fondly to the days when the football teams in England fielded mostly British players. At least I could pronounce their names back then.
      Hi Warren!
      "It all ended Hereford United 1, Brighton & Hove Albion 1. We've got dogs on the field, we've got Hereford fans coming across to attack the Brighton players, we've got riot police, we've got stewards, we've got everything here that football shouldn't have. The Brighton players have gone across to their fans, and Albion remain in the football league"

0 Not allowed!
      In many ways I regret the passing of ' the old days' too. I can feel nostalgia for the Goldstone, turning up at a quarter to three with a ten bob note , getting in and buying a half time cuppa with change to spare.
      The atmosphere of down home good humour , yet the same tension for a win.
      The players were closer to the fans....but the object is to win, gain promotion - and we have...
      Times change, we cannot turn back the clock . English players of quality are out of our price range , simple as that . So let's learn their strange names , anglicise them and raise the Amex roof!