Page 20 of 118 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is probably worth a thread by itself, but the Naylor-bashing fraternity surely need to have a look at themselves after a pretty undistinguished transfer window. As far as I can see, Mr Naylor has been spot on with every rumour he has dismissed, and when he has stood behind a story (Ryan) he's been right again.

It seems that some on here would prefer him to throw out a series of wild punts in the style of certain national writers whose success rates range from poor to those of a blind darts player. Unlike AN, those scribblers are all willing to put their reputations on the line for exclusives, because their reputations are worth zero and another flier that ends up way wide of the mark can't possibly damage them any further.

Let's remember that an 'exclusive' can be many things. 'A story that nobody else wanted' is one well-known definition. But in August and January it's mainly a story that is complete nonsense and that nobody else would write.

When I started writing for Gulls Eye, I chose Not Andy Naylor as my byline to indicate that I was not to be taken seriously. If the real Andy Naylor writes that a transfer is happening, my default position would be to believe it, and vice versa.
    My default mode is read rumor, get a bit excited, wait an hour check in with AN on twitter and either get excited or dismiss.
    Standing in the park, I was wondering why a frisbee looks larger the closer it gets...then it hit me

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Looks good from the YouTube clips, plus the Leicester goal was superb. Sign him up!
      Football. F**king football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor, half-alive B*stards. - Danny Baker

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
      This is probably worth a thread by itself, but the Naylor-bashing fraternity surely need to have a look at themselves after a pretty undistinguished transfer window. As far as I can see, Mr Naylor has been spot on with every rumour he has dismissed, and when he has stood behind a story (Ryan) he's been right again.

It seems that some on here would prefer him to throw out a series of wild punts in the style of certain national writers whose success rates range from poor to those of a blind darts player. Unlike AN, those scribblers are all willing to put their reputations on the line for exclusives, because their reputations are worth zero and another flier that ends up way wide of the mark can't possibly damage them any further.

Let's remember that an 'exclusive' can be many things. 'A story that nobody else wanted' is one well-known definition. But in August and January it's mainly a story that is complete nonsense and that nobody else would write.

When I started writing for Gulls Eye, I chose Not Andy Naylor as my byline to indicate that I was not to be taken seriously. If the real Andy Naylor writes that a transfer is happening, my default position would be to believe it, and vice versa.
      But is it just handful slagging off Naylor, their/his noise and repetitive posts giving the appearance of more folk?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by OzMike View Post
      Izquierdo is coming to Brighton, you just couldn't make it up.
      He will get a lot of stick from opposing fans, I hope they prepare him for it.
      izz key erdo I presume?
      In this great future you can't forget your past

0 Not allowed!
      From the youtube footage we may well have a player, if the signing goes through, with the potential to excite as much as Vicente did. Exciting times. Now for a Striker or two!!
      It's not the size of the Cannon, it's the power of the shot.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by shaolinpunk View Post

Jose and Lucho.
      Izquierdo ooooohhhhh
      Izquierdo ooooohhhhh
      He comes from Colombia,
      His dog'll murder yer
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      interesting

Assumed left wing was between being solid especially away i.e. Brown and maybe opening up a bit at home ie march .

Unsure now

Glad I'm not CH

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DFL JCL View Post
      Izquierdo ooooohhhhh
      Izquierdo ooooohhhhh
      He comes from Colombia,
      His dog'll murder yer
      Winner

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members
      somewhere between Worcestershire, Somerset or Amsterdam

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      But is it just handful slagging off Naylor, their/his noise and repetitive posts giving the appearance of more folk?
      My issues with AN are nothing to do with his only writing about stuff he is at least 90% sure on and everything to do with his attitude towards fans. He so clearly enjoys having a dig at fans because they speculate (it really is what fans everywhere do and indeed should do) it can be no surprise when they have a go back.
      August 1959 - August 2017
      58 years following the Albion

0 Not allowed!
      Anyone good with words able to make something work to the tune of Columbia by Oasis?