Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I would be amazed, and fully expect Brown to be on the bench for most of the time.

All opinions but Gross looks miles ahead of Brown for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miles ahead. Brown was awful up until he got injured on Sat.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I would be amazed, and fully expect Brown to be on the bench for most of the time.

This. Brown gave Suttner no defensive cover before he got injured on Saturday and City got in twice in the first 10 minutes. Gross on the other hand looks very classy although couldn't show it much as he barely had any of the ball. His set pieces were very good though I thought!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

In my opinion largely because Brown is not a left midfielder, he's a No10 which is the position Gross currently fills, who i also like very much as a player.

Brown offers different attributes to Gross as a no10. More pace and power and for me and will be able to get nearer the front man and in behind a defence unlike Gross.

Happy we have both.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
In my opinion largely because Brown is not a left midfielder, he's a No10 which is the position Gross currently fills, who i also like very much as a player.

Brown offers different attributes to Gross as a no10. More pace and power and for me and will be able to get nearer the front man and in behind a defence unlike Gross.

Happy we have both.

This is right Imo he is a number 10 in reality and that is where he is likely to be used more once all the signings are in place. He will be a Gross alternative. I didn't think e was great Saturday prior to injury but on the flip side I thought he was very good when playing against Madrid. He offers Pace and Power and is more direct.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't really see the point of discussing specific positions for specific players, in the front 6.
The club seems to have recruited 'multitools' instead of square peg for square holes.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

This. Brown gave Suttner no defensive cover

It was clear that he and Suttner just weren't sure who needed to move out to Walker.. Murphy did this part much better when he came on I thought..

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I don't really see the point of discussing specific positions for specific players, in the front 6.
The club seems to have recruited 'multitools' instead of square peg for square holes.

True, but Brown really has only really been filling in on the left of midfield because of the injurys to Knockaert and awaiting the new signing.

He will be a no10 or centre forward for us I believe when everyone is available.

Although can clearly do a decent job on the left if required.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Do you EVER have anything positive to say? Seriously, every single comment seems to be a snipe, a grumble or finds a negative slant to a positive story. Surely some things the club do, or somethings that happen somewhere, must impress you?

You are remorseless and consistent, I'll give you that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I really liked the look of Gross. Absolutely not scared of getting stuck in, looks like an upgraded Ashley Barnes to me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
True, but Brown really has only really been filling in on the left of midfield because of the injurys to Knockaert and awaiting the new signing.

He will be a no10 or centre forward for us I believe when everyone is available.

Although can clearly do a decent job on the left if required.

Would like to see him given a go up top.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you EVER have anything positive to say? Seriously, every single comment seems to be a snipe, a grumble or finds a negative slant to a positive story. Surely some things the club do, or somethings that happen somewhere, must impress you?

I think you'll find a lot of Stat's posts are tongue in cheek. I wouldn't class him as one of our miserabalists.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

WTF.
Of all the grinding negativity on this site, since City, most of which I have rallied against you pick this truism to to lose your shite over.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Brown and Gross both looked decent against Atletico in a pre-season friendly. Then they both weren't great on Saturday against a team that many people think will win the league. Based on those two games alone, it's a bit too early to write either of them off, IMO.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I reckon once we have all our players and we're playing say West Brom at home, you might see something like this in the front 4 positions:

----------- New Striker -------------
Izquierdo----Brown----Knockeart

With Stephens and Propper behind them and our normal back 5

That front 4 should be full of pace and trickery and then hopefully we'll be more competitive.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I reckon once we have all our players and we're playing say West Brom at home, you might see something like this in the front 4 positions:

That front 4 should be full of pace and trickery and then hopefully we'll be more competitive.

I can see where you are coming from ...harsh on March?

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton

Gross rather than Brown

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

There is no chance that Brown will be picked ahead of Pascal Gross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here