Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I like your comparison and agree it seems he's trying to copy Barca. I think the positional comparisons are Knocky is Messi (lefty on the right), Izquierdo (or March) is Neymar (righty on the left) and Murray is Suarez. Brown covers any of the positions as needed. Only problem with the comparison is that Murray clearly is no Suarez (but then again as good as Knocky is he's no Messi either). But my point is pace is not an all-important requirement (is Suarez that fast?) for that central striker position. Agree Gross is Iniesta and I think Baldock will be shifted back to this AMC/support striker position as cover when he's fit.

Exactly this. We know the problem most promoted sides have is scoring enough goals. Seems the club is aiming to get as many goal scorers as possible, not rely too heavily on a keynote striker. izquierdo scored 14 from 28 starts last season, so very much in mould of AK. MS scored four last season (presumably free kicks?); PG 5 goals from 33 appearances, and DP 16 from 67.

I think this would be a VERY exciting signing.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Crazy to think that if we take the fee for this deal (assuming it goes through, of course) as somewhere around £15 million, we'll have increased our transfer record roughly 5-fold since May, when it was about £3 million for CMS.

Thought the Duffy fee was our transfer record in May

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I can't cope. The names being heavily linked to us are the stuff of Football Manager, when you take a punt on someone because you like the look of his name. Get in!!

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My extended family are all of BelgiColumbi descent, cracking bunch of lads.
Anyhoo they're all Brugge ST holders and reckon this fellas the business.
They've been telling me for weeks we were sniffing around but I thought it prudent to keep quite.

That's a proper sports page.
Cycling first.
Albion next.
No sign of Neymar!

[Tweet]895513355754110976[/Tweet]

Journalist has 53k followers. Interesting.

Still unsure of original sources though.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
To answer the girlfriend question:

When asked about a girlfriend, he immediately replied, "No, I prefer Lucho. He might chew everything around him, but at least he listens to me."

He's gay! :)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Want to get VERRRY excited but the work permit worries me.... Im sure lawyers are all over all work permit applications but there have been surprising rejections in recent years so it won't be done till it's done.

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The player looks great but until I've assessed the WAG or HAB (it is 2017 you know!) I can't approve this transfer or even get remotely excited.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If true, good news, having faith in the Winstanley era of signings.

Flies in the face of the "we're not going to bust the club by spending such sums" strategy espoused by some fans.

TB showing his total commitment and intent by investing to stay in the PL.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
When we signed Garry Nelson, wasn't he a left winger a Plymouth, and we stuck him down the middle. (C) Ronaldo has spent most of his life as a winger, but he can sure play inside and get you the goals.

I would suggest/hope that if we are paying that much, we believe he can be the pacy striker we crave.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
18161049_214720169029581_4647333044393345024_n.jpg

Jose and Lucho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills