Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Currently in low level Belgium and Dutch press. Not sure of the original source as usual. Could be speculation.

Interesting times. A lot of money for a winger though.

Would have played with Matt Ryan.

Last edited:

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
We definitely need another winger in my book with Skalak/LuaLua currently fourth choice but would be very surprised if we were spending £15m on one.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ah. I was going going to make a joke about him being a left winger but he actually is! What's that thing called where your name is the same as your job?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The clock's ticking on how long it will be before some hilarious palace fan suggests his surname sounds a bit queer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Apr 5, 2014
[Tweet]895513355754110976[/Tweet]

Journalist has 53k followers. Interesting.

Still unsure of original sources though.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
The original source of the article- http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1285/Voetb...isformule1autoenmotorsport&utm_source=dlvr.it

With dodgy google translation:

It's so far: José Izquierdo, the Golden Shoe 2016, leaves Club Brugge and is about to sign a contract for the Premier League, Brighton & Hove Albion, where he meets Mathew Ryan again.
Club Brugge will pulverize the club record of outbound transfers, which has so far been named by Carlos Bacca, who moved to Sevilla for 9 million. Now José Izquierdo's transfer of 18 million euros is transferred to Club Brugge's greenhouse. The deal was made late last night, shortly before midnight, in a Brugs restaurant between Vincent Mannaert and a delegation from the English club.

The Colombian must still take medical tests today and the English Football Association must issue a work permit to Izquierdo. Non-EU players must strictly play 75% of the international team with their national team to obtain such a license. But Brighton can refer to a precedent: Racing Genkmiddenvelder Wilfred Ndidi received a work permit in Leicester in January, although he did not meet the requirements.

José Izquierdo (25) grew under Michel Preud'homme as the best football player in the Belgian field. The sympathetic Colombian knew last night does not make him feel good: "I want to thank God and Club Brugge," he said in a telephone response. "This is a beautiful step in my career. You will miss my jokes, but with Dennis the succession is assured. "

Club Brugge reached Izquierdo in the summer of 2014 for a 3.4 million of Once Caldas, in the Colombian highest class. He won with blue-black the cup, the national title, and the Super Cup. In February he was awarded the Golden Shoe. Izquierdo played his last game minutes for Club Brugge in Basaksehir, when he went to rest.

Club this morning - once again, if no kink gets in English cable - took 18 million and it already has a replacement with Dennis, the revelation of this season start.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Currently in low level Belgium and Dutch press. Not sure of the original source as usual. Could be speculation.

Interesting times. A lot of money for a winger though.

Would have played with Matt Ryan.

Not really low level press. Het Laatste Nieuws is one of the more popular papers in Flanders (which covers Club Brugge):

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/2730/Club-.../10/Izquierdo-op-weg-naar-Brighton-Hove.dhtml

Most other reports appear to be linking to this one, or copying and pasting.

Says a deal agreed "in principle", so not sure how certain that makes it.

€18 million quoted, which is more than £15 million at current exchange.

Eeyore

Apr 5, 2014
Not really low level press. Het Laatste Nieuws is one of the more popular papers in Flanders (which covers Club Brugge):

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/2730/Club-.../10/Izquierdo-op-weg-naar-Brighton-Hove.dhtml

Most other reports appear to be linking to this one, or copying and pasting.

Says a deal agreed "in principle", so not sure how certain that makes it.

€18 million quoted, which is more than £15 million at current exchange.

So the original source is a good one ? May have legs then.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
[Tweet]895513355754110976[/Tweet]

Journalist has 53k followers. Interesting.

Still unsure of original sources though.

He does appear to be HLN's chief football writer, so probably has good access to Club Brugge insiders.

Doesn't make 'in principle' any more of a guarantee though.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Last edited:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Looks exciting, and maybe being targetted with a view to play him more centrally as he looks quite strong. Lot of red tape though with the work permits etc, won't be an easy deal to complete if we are indeed interested.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Sounds like a goer, but a left winger? Solly will not be pleased.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
15million for a winger? Can he play as a striker? It:d be remarkable if we paid 15m for a winger and then spent big on a striker, so....

a) Is this rumour bollocks?

b) Are we going gung ho and chucking money around now?

c) Found a decent striker for free/cheap

d) Is Izzy Brown going to be considered as a striker?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Would we spend that much on a winger when our people have said we after a STK, RB and GLK.

If we were going to be spending that much it would have to be on a striker not a winger.

Stumpy Tim

Sounds like a goer, but a left winger? Solly will not be pleased.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Solly prefers playing on the right, but hasn't been able to dislodge Knocky. Given we want two players for each position this lad will compete with Murphy, Knocky with March, and Izzy Brown with Gross. They can all switch around too, so plenty of options

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The original source of the article- http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1285/Voetb...isformule1autoenmotorsport&utm_source=dlvr.it

With dodgy google translation:

It's so far: José Izquierdo, the Golden Shoe 2016, leaves Club Brugge and is about to sign a contract for the Premier League, Brighton & Hove Albion, where he meets Mathew Ryan again.
Club Brugge will pulverize the club record of outbound transfers, which has so far been named by Carlos Bacca, who moved to Sevilla for 9 million. Now José Izquierdo's transfer of 18 million euros is transferred to Club Brugge's greenhouse. The deal was made late last night, shortly before midnight, in a Brugs restaurant between Vincent Mannaert and a delegation from the English club.

The Colombian must still take medical tests today and the English Football Association must issue a work permit to Izquierdo. Non-EU players must strictly play 75% of the international team with their national team to obtain such a license. But Brighton can refer to a precedent: Racing Genkmiddenvelder Wilfred Ndidi received a work permit in Leicester in January, although he did not meet the requirements.

José Izquierdo (25) grew under Michel Preud'homme as the best football player in the Belgian field. The sympathetic Colombian knew last night does not make him feel good: "I want to thank God and Club Brugge," he said in a telephone response. "This is a beautiful step in my career. You will miss my jokes, but with Dennis the succession is assured. "

Club Brugge reached Izquierdo in the summer of 2014 for a 3.4 million of Once Caldas, in the Colombian highest class. He won with blue-black the cup, the national title, and the Super Cup. In February he was awarded the Golden Shoe. Izquierdo played his last game minutes for Club Brugge in Basaksehir, when he went to rest.

Club this morning - once again, if no kink gets in English cable - took 18 million and it already has a replacement with Dennis, the revelation of this season start.

A marginally better edit of that ('kas' means both 'greenhouse' and 'cash register' but Google can't tell the difference):

It's happening: José Izquierdo, the 2016 Golden Boot winner, is leaving Club Brugge and is about to sign a contract for Premier League Brighton & Hove Albion, where he will meet up again with Mathew Ryan.

Club Brugge will pulverise the club record of outbound transfers, which has so far been held by Carlos Bacca, who moved to Sevilla for 9 million. Now José Izquierdo's transfer will bring 18 million euros into the Club Brugge cash register. The deal was made late last night, shortly before midnight, in a Brugge restaurant between Vincent Mannaert and a delegation from the English club.

The Colombian must still undergo medical tests today and the English Football Association must issue a work permit to Izquierdo. Non-EU players must strictly play 75% of their national team's internationals to obtain such a licence. But Brighton can refer to a precedent: Racing Genk midfielder Wilfred Ndidi received a work permit in Leicester in January, even though he did not meet the requirements.

José Izquierdo (25) grew under Michel Preud'homme to become the best football player on the Belgian pitch. The always-friendly Colombian found out last night and spoke about what had happened: "I want to thank God and Club Brugge," he said in a telephone response. "This is a beautiful step in my career. You will miss my jokes, but Dennis will carry on from where I left off."

Club Brugge bought Izquierdo in the summer of 2014 for 3.4 million from Once Caldas, in the Colombian top division. He won the cup, the national title, and the Super Cup with the blue-blacks. In February he was awarded the Golden Boot. Izquierdo played his last game for Club Brugge in Basaksehir, when he came on in the second half.

Assuming nothing goes wrong, Club Brugge will get 18 million and it already has a replacement in Dennis, the revelation of the start of this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here