Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If “A very exciting wide player, possibly the best way to speak about him would be as a forward player, because although he predominantly plays on that left hand side, right footer, left hand side I think he has the potential to play across the front, anywhere, certainly on the right hand side as well. Very quick, he has a very good goal record particularly as he’s not an out and out striker.’“ = Hughton no longer expecting or wanting to buy a striker then fair enough.
Not sure why its shrewd or why he's spent all summer insisting we need one but fair play.
Because I didn't say the club weren't buying a striker.
They haven't yet, but I'm sure we're all buoyed by the current dealing for Raphael.

But if, IF, a deal can't be done, in this hyper-inflated market, because the club got held to ransom by successive clubs, CH has made a shrewd move by stressing they have bought a "forward player" and not a winger.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Because I didn't say the club weren't buying a striker.
They haven't yet, but I'm sure we're all buoyed by the current dealing for Raphael.

But if, IF, a deal can't be done, in this hyper-inflated market, because the club got held to ransom by successive clubs, CH has made a shrewd move by stressing they have bought a "forward player" and not a winger.

I'm not sure he's fooled anyone least of you SB. But yes. I get it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Spelt not spelled, we're not in America

As a pensioner, who went to grammar school, I've always written spelled. I've only seen spelt very recently.

If you use the past tense of call, it's I called him, not I calt him.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As a pensioner, who went to grammar school, I've always written spelled. I've only seen spelt very recently.

If you use the past tense of call, it's I called him, not I calt him.

You feel, you felt not you feeled

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You feel, you felt not you feeled

Potatoes; you peel them and they are peeled, not pelt.

'Rules' do not apply to most of the English language, which is a ******* mix of versions of languages of the different foreign tribes who have invaded and conqured here.

Bring - brought
Buy - bought

And as for people who think that 'bought' is the posh version of 'brought' ... when asked, for example, 'have you bought your phone?' I reply 'why would I bing my phone?'.

And 'often' is pronounced 'offen' not 'often' or, worse, by Daily Mail reader types: 'oarften'. FFS

I get it wrong on occasion (especially spelling) so I qualify as the archetypal Englishman: snobbish, pedantic and hypocritical :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here