Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I can see where you are coming from ...harsh on March?

Maybe a tad, but you can see where I'm coming from, we would have to play Izquierdo due to his experience and (hopefully) quality, and then it's a toss up between Knockeart and March.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I would have March start ahead of Knockaert for the time being.

We all know March's quality and that was showcased on Saturday, Knockaert still coming back from injury. I also think March is better at decision making than Knockaert.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Maybe a tad, but you can see where I'm coming from, we would have to play Izquierdo due to his experience and (hopefully) quality, and then it's a toss up between Knockeart and March.

Iza ..yes I agree ..certainly be strange leaving our record signing on the bench :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Iza ..yes I agree ..certainly be strange leaving our record signing on the bench :)

Gross will have cemented his place by the time Brown gets over his injury. Jose/knocky/Solly will provide 2 out of 3 wingers starting, with the other on the bench and Murphy as cover.

That leaves us with Murray, Hemed and ANOther up front, along with Baldock and Brown who'll be cover for Gross or second striker if we go 442 I guess.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We need the 3 amazing wingers and Murphy backing them up. 3+1 is needed for the 2 positions as people will miss games. When all fit it's a great poition to bring someone fresh on with 20-25 to go anyway so they'll get game time.

Hoping March stays fit as this really could be his year.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
there really is, Brown offers an alternative 10 to Gross. Gross wont play every game.

He will when he's fit, in the league at least. I doubt we'll see him much in the cups but he'll play in the league games. Gross is on a different planet to Brown.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
When you say "different planet", are you referring to the gulf in talent between the both of them?

Yes. Brown looks like he can do all the pretty tricks and flicks, but Gross is capable of spreading passes and setting up moves. He's a class act, as proven against Atletico.

Agreed, looking at him so far I have no idea how we managed to get him and so cheaply too.

Brilliant bit of business, and so early in the window as well. If this were a deal we'd have still been chasing, the fee would be £10million by now. We'll make a killing when we sell him in a year or two, league positions dependent.

Pretty sure that that's code for.... not as greedy

It's also possibly the finest example of overrating March that's been posted so far, but there are plenty of other examples to compare it against.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Agreed, looking at him so far I have no idea how we managed to get him and so cheaply too.[/QUOTE

There is no doubt Gross is great value and a fine player, so is Mr Brown though, who i think will be vital to our survival chances. Hope he is not out for long.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Agreed, looking at him so far I have no idea how we managed to get him and so cheaply too.[/QUOTE

There is no doubt Gross is great value and a fine player, so is Mr Brown though, who i think will be vital to our survival chances. Hope he is not out for long.

100%, I think playing in that position though Gross will take some beating. Izzy wider will be vital for us.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Gross is the starting attacking mid. Izzy is in to cover all 4 attacking positions but particularly Gross' and importantly push Gross on so he has to work hard to stay in the 11

I think both will do a good job

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There is no chance that Brown will be picked ahead of Pascal Gross.

Perhaps not but Gross has played the majority of his career as a centre midfielder and will be returning there if we get any more injuries or suspensions as he is probably 3rd choice now after Propper & Stephens. Brown is more than capable of shining as a number 10 when he returns from injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here