Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I do have other things to do!

Anyway, it is clear the club's leadership have finally & belatedly woken up to the fact they have to pay market prices... that isn't gonna change, no matter how many times PB bleats on about prices being too high in the press...

Better for them to get it right now, rather than not at all... shame they didn't realize earlier...

Anyway, a big welcome to Dave and Jose to the club...

The club probably just subscribed to your posts on here as the head of recruitment doesn't know what to do.

Jan 30, 2008
the problem with some of the fantasists on here is that they seem to fail to grasp the reality of the situation, nothings guaranteed with big money signings, takes time to settle in on and off the pitch so sweet dreams to all and watch this space
regards
DR

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyway, it is clear the club's leadership have finally & belatedly woken up to the fact they have to pay market prices..
... shame they didn't realize earlier...
When do you think they realised?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Jose Izquierdo - CONFIRMED (subject to medical) - NEW RECORD SIGNING

While we still need a striker as a back up/upgrade for Glenn, there's no doubt the last couple of signings have really strengthened our hand (assuming this one proceeds) should an out and out forward not be available at a sensible price. Knockaert, Jose, March, Gross, Propper, Brown... that's what, potentially 30 goals from midfielders? And as goals scored very roughly tend to equate to points in the PL unless the defence is an absolute shambles, we'll be looking a lot healthier than we were 4 days ago.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't be much left in the kitty for a striker now though.... Or is there???
Granted I'm swimming against the tide of NSC opinion, but I'm not sure there will now be another striker recruit ( unless Hemed leaves ).

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I do have other things to do!

Anyway, it is clear the club's leadership have finally & belatedly woken up to the fact they have to pay market prices... that isn't gonna change, no matter how many times PB bleats on about prices being too high in the press...

Better for them to get it right now, rather than not at all... shame they didn't realize earlier...

Anyway, a big welcome to Dave and Jose to the club...

So you think these signings happened suddenly ? It's not possible that recruitment involves a fair bit of groundwork and club officials may have been doing just this all summer ? Perhaps (and it's only a theory) they just didn't think daily updates to NSC were necessary ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Biggest flair signing since Vicente. Walking around with a semi.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Some on here are doing the reverse bed wet, the guy hasn't even signed and people are pi55ing on the ceiling with excitement!

I think you'll find that is called "Artexing the bedroom" or "Artexing" for short.

Refers to the sticky white product formerly made in Newhaven - now manufactured by the over excited - being splattered in a spikey, drippy white mess all over the ceiling.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
So you think these signings happened suddenly ? It's not possible that recruitment involves a fair bit of groundwork and club officials may have been doing just this all summer ? Perhaps (and it's only a theory) they just didn't think daily updates to NSC were necessary ?

Nope. They definitely had no good plans, read B.W's posts then frantically spunked loads of cash on the first players they thought of. It's what TB pays his recruitment team for - to sit around on their arses.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
the problem with some of the fantasists on here is that they seem to fail to grasp the reality of the situation, nothings guaranteed with big money signings, takes time to settle in on and off the pitch so sweet dreams to all and watch this space
regards
DR

I think the vast majority on here are anything but fantasists - I think what is pleasing is that all the signings , on paper, seem to be strengthening the team. You're right nothing is guaranteed but we seem to be giving ourselves a fighting chance.
Anyhow this is dream land time for us. If someone had told me this is where the Albion would be when I was traveling to "home " games at Gillingham I would have laughed in their face. So excuse me if I just want to really enjoy this fantastic era in our wonderful club's history. Who knows what will happen this season but I for one am going to enjoy it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lua Lua, Skalak out on loan or sold.
Murphy on Bench.
Knockhaert in Team

Realistically Murphy probably isn't consistent enough either, and we might get more than what we paid for him from a good Champ club

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
*ignore*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here