Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Anyway you look at it that's double standards though. If it was about colour or religion Greg Dyke would be all over it, but for all the platitudes a few seasons back Homophobia is largely a topic the FA don't really want to deal with. The gay West Ham broadcaster might find it funny, but this isn't about him as an individual this about the issue as a whole and the fact is it is still a topic that is a bastion for all the haters out there. They still feel on safe ground chanting these chants and whilst many will see it as "banter" to those affected by it it isn't. You can sling phrases around like man up, it's just banter, football's gone pc crazy, but I shouldn't have to put up with this shit every time I want to watch my team play.

I just wanted to point out that a radio presenter ("the media") and a former FA man ("football") were blase, in response to a post hoping that homophobia would be less tolerated by football and the media.
That chant does not rile me as much as it bores me. It is the gay fans amongst the home fans and the players on either side that may be gay but fear being open, that I feel sorry for when that stuff comes around.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Looks to have lightening pace, acceleration like cheetah and a very fierce shot on him. Only criticism of him from the little I've seen is his first touch. I noticed a few very heavy touches. He slighlty reminded me of Tony Yeboah when running with the ball. I'm not being negative as I can see where he could turn out to be a very good signing, but I'm also aware where this signing is a bit of a gamble (more so than Propper). Don't get me wrong, I'm very exciting about this signing and look forward to seeing him play. I just hope he is as good if not better than March and Knockaert.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Colombia has a long and pleasing history of FLAIR footballers (see Carlos Valderrama, Tino Asprilla, James Rodriguez, Rene Higuita), so on that basis, I'm in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That chant does not rile me as much as it bores me. It is the gay fans amongst the home fans and the players on either side that may be gay but fear being open, that I feel sorry for when that stuff comes around.
And the gay fans among the away fans.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ian Dale on LBC is a Gay West Ham supporter, on his show today he had a gay referee and a player from a gay football team, he told them both that he found it really funny when West Ham fans started singing "does your boyfriend know you're here", when we played them a few years ago. Greg Dyke on the same show said you can't ban that sort of chanting, I almost screamed for a policeman!
It's probably amusing the first time you hear it. After a while it grows very tiresome. What the heck does a person's sexual preference have to do with football? Nothing.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
At Belgium league level, he seems to have it all, including tenacity as opponents try and hack him down.

Some dodgy goalies though :lolol:

We know all about dodgy keepers ourselves

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Chris's quote about Jose at Fan Forum

“A very exciting wide player, possibly the best way to speak about him would be as a forward player, because although he predominantly plays on that left hand side, right footer, left hand side I think he has the potential to play across the front, anywhere, certainly on the right hand side as well. Very quick, he has a very good goal record particularly as he’s not an out and out striker.’“

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe this has been covered earlier in the thread:
So he hasn't signed yet, because his medical hasn't been completed (I don't know if a lack of work permit affects whether or not he signs).
But we have an agreement.

Is that a gentleman's handshake, or is it something contractual or what?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe this has been covered earlier in the thread:
So he hasn't signed yet, because his medical hasn't been completed (I don't know if a lack of work permit affects whether or not he signs).
But we have an agreement.

Is that a gentleman's handshake, or is it something contractual or what?

Probably a pre-contract agreement has been signed which is based on him passing a medical and his work permit. Hearing is next week I think ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Probably a pre-contract agreement has been signed which is based on him passing a medical and his work permit. Hearing is next week I think ?
I can understand it working easily for the work permit, because neither side can deliberately back out of a work permit, but I don't really get it with a medical - if we wanted to back out we could just say he's failed it, or maybe he could just not turn up if he wanted to go elsewhere.

I hope it's watertight, but don't understand how it can be, which makes me wonder why we've gone public on it.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I can understand it working easily for the work permit, because neither side can deliberately back out of a work permit, but I don't really get it with a medical - if we wanted to back out we could just say he's failed it, or maybe he could just not turn up if he wanted to go elsewhere.

I hope it's watertight, but don't understand how it can be, which makes me wonder why we've gone public on it.

We have gone public because the selling club went public, as explained by PB last night.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We have gone public because the selling club went public, as explained by PB last night.
Thanks. I'm still surprised though, as I'm sure clubs we've bought from in the past have released details, but we haven't then received confirmation emails from the club. Maybe going public is more likely to put off other clubs trying to hijack the deal than trying to keep it quiet when it's already public.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I *think* Tony has a mate, let's call him K, who knows the people at Brugges. So I can't see anything going wrong other than the work permit or the medical.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

guaranteed that agents are throwing their players at them and they are risking it. I will guarantee they have not been scouting these players over a period of time.

Quote from their board - How can he guarantee this? So we just found a player and signed him will out any Due Diligence. Just sums up their support really! I swear they are a bit worried about us now we are in the Prem.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I can't be the only one that thinks this guy is the Premier League version of what Kaz could have been.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I found one decent post on that thread

This one?

Personally i know nothing about Izquierdo, but from all accounts sounds a very good signing, and along with Knockheart on the other wing will cause many teams problems.
Even at his age i can see Murray playing an important subs role and with the right service from these wingers will score a few with his head. They may not be the pushovers many expect, interesting season ahead.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here