Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I thought that the clearance had been granted. Just needs a visa, and he has to go to Paris for that

The process is:-

Work permit application (and hearing) -----> visa application -----> register transfer with Premier League/FA -----> FA obtain international clearance

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've got to the stage now where I'd sort of like this thread to disappear until all the paperwork is done, all the 'i's crossed and all the 't's dotted and all that, and he is photographed holding up the shirt with "Izquierdo" and his squad number showing!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The process is:-

Work permit application (and hearing) -----> visa application -----> register transfer with Premier League/FA -----> FA obtain international clearance

I see, cheers.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Should have bought him sooner .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
BBC reckon Hughton has said tomorrow is too soon for him but there's no direct quote. Guardian preview also says he's unavailable.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
BBC reckon Hughton has said tomorrow is too soon for him but there's no direct quote. Guardian preview also says he's unavailable.

Yes, Hughton did say that. He hasn't trained with the team at all yet. Maybe on Sunday.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here's Hughton on his prospects of playing on Tuesday from Argus this morning.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/15483315.Hughton_does_not_expect_another_record_deal/

11d1b26caf571a742809d38d7b2ee54e.png

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Providing he gets clearance in time I don't see what possible harm just naming him as a sub would do. It will give him an early chance to get used to the dressing room on a match day, even if he doesn't actually play.

After all, no disrepect intended, but this is Barnet we will be facing, not one of the Premier League heavyweights, so it's not as if every substitute is likely to be crucial. Add Jose to the teamsheet l say! It will give everyone a lift.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I really hope we are not expecting him to be our saviour? He needs time to settle in, learn how to wait for a pass to throw his head at and needs to learn the language and such phrases as " give me the fecking ball". " don't just aimlessly hoof it at me" " why is that bloke in the north stand booooooooing Murphy?" " where is the sun in this god forsaken country?"

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Providing he gets clearance in time I don't see what possible harm just naming him as a sub would do. It will give him an early chance to get used to the dressing room on a match day, even if he doesn't actually play.
...Add Jose to the teamsheet l say! It will give everyone a lift.

There was a press conference this morning. Hughton intends to play him (and Knockaert).
'That is our intention. We're just waiting for the last bit of paperwork to go through but it is our intention to use him on Tuesday."
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...urse_for_Albion_debut_at_the_Amex_on_Tuesday/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here