Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All coming together very nicely isn’t it. I love the way the club does its business – we generally don’t hear so much as a dickybird until the fella is literally on the brink of signing or having a medical. No protracted negotiations, no public auction playing out over weeks / months in the media (a-la the Sigurdsson / Everton saga). Nope, the club has its targets abroad, we quietly get on with business behind the scenes, and then we hear about the signing pretty much on the day.

Never heard of Gross, Suttner or Propper but they are all Internationals with pedigree who have played at the highest level. Had no idea about Ryan, never heard of Izqueirdo, but that’s another couple of Internationals of a good age who have arrived from under the radar and going by the YouTube footage, look absolute quality. Brown happened quick as you like as well. Abraham is an exception I suppose as he procrastinated between us, Newcastle and Swansea, but on the whole, if its someone we’ve targeted then we get it done quietly and efficiently. Hopefully Dwamena will follow the same course, liking his stats a LOT !

Dreamworld innit.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Wow, have plenty of wingers now maybe we are planning to use brown as a striker this year Although I'd still expect another striker to be signed. Maybe another transfer record to be broken. Exciting stuff

Means Skalak / LuaLua are no longer fighting for 4th choice. That can only be a good thing!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is it my imagination
Or have I finally found something worth living for?
I was looking for some action
And all I need is Iz-kear-do and Ant-on-y

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I love the way the club does its business – we generally don’t hear so much as a dickybird until the fella is literally on the brink of signing or having a medical.

Meanwhile TB & PB have a whale of time laughing at the binfest on here claiming we're screwed, have nothing happening, and aren't going to sign anyone.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
16m, is that right? Wowzers.
Know nothing about the bloke except I gather he's a winger, let's hope the fee is a sign of the quality.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Massive fee for us. Well done BHA. Hope this guy is mustard

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
The Argus article suggests he could be in the squad for the City game... Surely we won't be able to secure a work permit and international clearance by midday tomorrow?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Meanwhile TB & PB have a whale of time laughing at the binfest on here claiming we're screwed, have nothing happening, and aren't going to sign anyone.

Yup. Floods and floods of piss saturating mattresses all over Sussex as the doom-and-gloom merchants fret on here over our "lack of activity". Then out of the blue - BOOM. Anyone know Propper was on his way ? Nope. Had you even heard of this queer fella before this morning ? I hadn't. So many people seem to think that because we're not being linked with so-and-so in the papers day in, day out, and haven't got our squad together by mid-July, that nothings been happening on the transfer front. Well, hopefully this last week or so will give the supermarkets time to stock up on the Pampers for a while.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
The Argus article suggests he could be in the squad for the City game... Surely we won't be able to secure a work permit and international clearance by midday tomorrow?

Unless the club are ahead on all of this, and it will be finalised. Just giving out the info they want when really it's a done deal.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Wow.

To me it appears that we are trying to get as flexible a squad as possible. As much as some like to pigeon-hole people to certain roles, we are buying players who can play in many different roles. Now we have Gross, Brown, Baldock and perhaps to a lesser extent Jose, Solly, Propper, Knocky and even Skalak (who I still think is worth a try there) playing the No10 supporting striker/attacking midfielder role. Perm any 3 from that lot supporting Murray in any position. Cor.

Exciting times!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Where's BW these days?
Yep, pretty annoying that the doom mongers and moaners have mostly been conspicuous by their absence the past few days. Perhaps in the future, we could have a sub forum where they could share their negative comments together without subjecting the rest of us to their bile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here