Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Article on Argus online detailing the proceedings today. Think it says decision should be reached by end of day today.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Too many posts to trawl through but I was wondering if Jose would have been allowed to train with us whilst awaiting his work permit?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Too many posts to trawl through but I was wondering if Jose would have been allowed to train with us whilst awaiting his work permit?

No.

Quote from The Argus:
Izquierdo has not been able to train with the rest of the squad while a work permit is pending. He has been training alone at a secret location, so will be unfamiliar with patterns of play, team shape and set piece drills for the Leicester game.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
No.

Quote from The Argus:
Izquierdo has not been able to train with the rest of the squad while a work permit is pending. He has been training alone at a secret location, so will be unfamiliar with patterns of play, team shape and set piece drills for the Leicester game.

Like Propper last Saturday then!!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
that argus article
- he's been training in a "secret location' - not allowed to train with the club
- the hearing is based on a number of factors but a decision is likely "by end of today"
- Will have to go to Paris tomorrow , where his visa will be issued.
- Argus don't think he'll play on Saturday but for football reasons - ie: not enough training etc.
- Hint that he might make his debut v Barnet.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...s_record_breaking_bid_to_sign_Jose_Izquierdo/

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No.

Quote from The Argus:

Although I'm sure he would have watched the clubs version of a very detailed recording of the Man City game and AM friendly. No where near ideal of course

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No.

Quote from The Argus:
Thanks.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
that argus article
- he's been training in a "secret location' - not allowed to train with the club
- the hearing is based on a number of factors but a decision is likely "by end of today"
- Argus don't think he'll play on Saturday but for football reasons - ie: not enough training etc.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...s_record_breaking_bid_to_sign_Jose_Izquierdo/
The field opposite?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Quote from The Argus:
So he's not even allowed to watch the others train, or look at videos? We've not even been able to tell him our formation?

That quote doesn't sound accurate, but no doubt the Argus defence will be here shortly to explain how it's spot on.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Here's a pattern of play he may understand...Ryan passes to Duffy..passes to Stephens...he passes over the head of Morgan...Izqueirdo collects ball...runs like the Clappers, rounds Kasper and hey ho we are 1-0 up! Sounds simple to me!!!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Reminds me of a story years ago, when Mullers was in charge and we were signing two Peruvians, the whole squad is sat in the changing room with the Peruvians when Mullery brings in a black board and some chalk, he draws a goal and a ball, and says very slowly "this is a goal and this is a ball, you put the ball in the goal"
Wardy says to Mullers, "i know they're foreign boss, but im sure they know all this"
"Yes im sure they do Wardy" replies Mullery "but im talking to you!"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
that argus article

Why Paris, and not Brussels?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He isn't able to get a UK Visa from Brussels, assumedly because no embassy?. Therefore is having to go to Paris.

http://www.british-consulate.org/british-embassy-in-belgium.html

The British Embassy in Belgium is in Brussels near to the Brussels Schuman Bus station. Their contact details have been listed below so you may contact by phone, email or in person. We have added a map, street address and the hours by which they operate. The British Embassy can provide a visa service, marriage registration service and also issue new passports if you have lost yours.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Very odd if indeed he does have to go to Paris. Who's to say he isn't there already. Papers get faxed over and he's back to Brighton early evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here