Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Russell Slade bought someone (Mark ?) in July and he went in August.

We were going to sponsor his shirt but as he went, we changed it to Gary Dicker.

Paul Holsgrove was signed on a free transfer and left for 100k without ever playing a competitive game. To stoke I think.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But that's when they've signed after a medical right? Have we any idea what this player is supposed to have signed - some sort of informal agreement that means nothing, or something more than that.

I suspect the contract with the player and his former club are all signed and sealed.
Neither party would be able to get out of it.

However, we would have two clauses to cancel the contract(s).

1. Failed medical
2. Failed work permit application

Now stop worrying you silly sausage!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Russell Slade bought someone (Mark ?) in July and he went in August.

We were going to sponsor his shirt but as he went, we changed it to Gary Dicker.

Mark Wright was bought & sold quickly because Elliot Bennett suddenly became available to us

I was slightly out with my dates.

Brighton & Hove Albion
On 19 June 2009, Wright signed a two-year contract at League One rivals Brighton & Hove Albion. After failing to settle in the area, Wright transferred to Bristol Rovers for an undisclosed fee on transfer deadline day, 1 September 2009.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I suspect the contract with the player and his former club are all signed and sealed.
Neither party would be able to get out of it.

However, we would have two clauses to cancel the contract(s).

1. Failed medical
The reason I can't quite believe that is that it gives us all the power to change our mind if we want, while the player has no choice, and I can't see a players agent liking that.

Now stop worrying you silly sausage!
I'm not worrying a lot :shrug:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
That's not right, as he hasn't passed a medical.

Preliminary contracts can be signed before medicals and before permits with the stipulation that they must be passed, else voided.

I wouldn't worry about this one, well, other than the player actually obtaining the permit which I think is very near a foregone conclusion considering his success in Belgium and recent international call-ups. Certainly if you compare him against other players who have received permits it would be a travesty if declined.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Barber said last night he wont be ours until at least next Wednesday due to permit request
Yep, but it would be nice to know if he's passed his medical. Once that's done, it should be difficult for another club to take him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here