Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Neto had major injury issues look at the fans comments of the team he plays for. Look at my posts before his medical.

Dwamena was just ludicrous .... 10m for a player that has played 5 games above league 2 level....

Just my 2 cents

Kayal suffered long-term injuries before joining us and was then instrumental in our improvement season before last. Alright, so he then turned into a sick note here too.
If Neto had joined and helped keep us up this year before becoming a crock, his signing would have been worth it.

Striker prospects with goal-scoring records like that will cost.

Nothing dodgy about it; you just didn't rate him.

Well exactly. It's 2017, football is absolutely brutal business and the only thing fictional is your opinion that it is/was not possible to bring in quality earlier this window, and every eventuality should have been considered along the way. There is still time.
Nobody has called for Winstanley to go. The very suggestion is perplexing.

I certainly did NOT say that it was or was not possible to bring in quality earlier in the window.

My whole point was I have no idea if it was or not, any more than you do or anyone else who posts on this board does.

And someone definitely did call for Winstanley to go but I have better things to do than look back to see who it was.

I stand by everything I said in my post which, rather to my surprise, quite a few people seem to agree with and some have even posted to say they do, for which I am grateful.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Kayal suffered long-term injuries before joining us and was then instrumental in our improvement season before last. Alright, so he then turned into a sick note here too.

Nothing dodgy about it: you just didn't rate him.

Yes maybe dodgy is the wrong word. But we are we trying to sign lots of players on the cheap. Let's get some quality in even if it costs..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Neto had major injury issues look at the fans comments of the team he plays for. Look at my posts before his medical.

Dwamena was just ludicrous .... 10m for a player that has played 5 games above league 2 level....

Just my 2 cents

I always assumed the Neto deal was a case of:-

'I wonder how bad this is?'

For that I don't see how we can blame the club, they went in with their eyes open and ran away as fast as humanly possible when they got their answer.

This one's a little odder, clearly everybody else knew of the problem.
If the Albion did too it should have acted much quicker.
Assuming it didn't then Zurich and esp his representation have done themselves no favours at all.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Zurich knew about it:-

We are very surprised at this decision. Naturally, we also had a medical examination carried out by the Schulthess Clinic before the change from Raphael to FC Zurich. There the same deviation from the standard was determined. However, this fact has been judged as being neither harmful to health nor compromising the performance of a top sportsman.

A striker linked with the Albion, you'd have thought they would cut out the middle man and carry out the medical in the Dignitas Clinic.

http://www.pulse.com.gh/sports/foot...dwamena-fails-brighton-medical-id7207396.html

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
If news about one player is to be kept on a single thread, can someone PLEASE update thread titles when something important happens. NSC is my source of Albion news, but I was late to find out that a fee had been agreed for Dwamena, and now I'm late again to find out that he's failed a medical (due to a reference on another thread). I don't want to read through 1000+ posts to get updates. :tantrum:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yes maybe dodgy is the wrong word. But we are we trying to sign lots of players on the cheap. Let's get some quality in even if it costs..

I don't see any other option for us now. But we're not going to go all Palace and spend £30 million on a player.
I agree with you on Niasse though. Extremely strong and powerful. Slightly erratic finishing and not the greatest control, but with a surprising amount of skill. Think he could do a job as one of two forward signings.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Jovetic? I don't think we ever were. Sounded like paper talk.
Certainly, Hughts didn't seem to know who he played from when asked about it.

According to Sky Sports earlier today we were, slightly more credible, but only marginally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boik

Why are people who are unhappy with the window to date criticised as no fans so much. We all support the club but may have different views. I am happy to say I think we have left it late meaning we have players trying to adjust and zero forward power. We clearly are on plan z as regards strikers and may end up with nothing or paying inflated price
I am worried

But you say "we have left it late" as if that was a deliberate policy by the club. I would stake a lot of money on the fact that the club didn't WANT to leave it late. As McMillan said "Events dear boy, events". Still, you carry on criticising, as is your right. Or is it "only your opinion" as the moaners seem to say.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If Neto had joined and helped keep us up this year before becoming a crock, his signing would have been worth it.

Nothing dodgy about it; you just didn't rate him.

Nah, I trust the medical experts more than vague hunches.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
But you say "we have left it late" as if that was a deliberate policy by the club. I would stake a lot of money on the fact that the club didn't WANT to leave it late. As McMillan said "Events dear boy, events". Still, you carry on criticising, as is your right. Or is it "only your opinion" as the moaners seem to say.

And, as Laurence Olivier said, "money, dear boy".

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I was never excited by this signing so whilst it's a massive set back given that we are now very late in the window, we go again. I guess the concern is that if Raphael was high enough up the list for us to want him, who the hell is lower down the list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
This is devastating, we will now enter silly season where we will have to pay vastly inflated amounts for realistic targets, we still need 2 strikers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
so thats two strikers to find in 5 days. not gonna happen is it.

Where's the fun in finding them in the first 5 days?

It would be like walking up to Noel Edmonds and saying:-

'I'll just take what's in box number 12, please Noel'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here