Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The hearing won't be till mid to end of next week, the last one was on the Wed. If it fails, that leaves 1 day only of the window left, for an Appeal or abandon ship and find another player on the last day.
It's obvious Zohore is the fallback plan B for this transfer.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The hearing won't be till mid to end of next week, the last one was on the Wed. If it fails, that leaves 1 day only of the window left, for an Appeal or abandon ship and find another player on the last day.
Hughton said tonight the hearing will take place later this week. https://audioboom.com/posts/6230293-albion-manager-chris-hughton-barnet-gave-us-a-good-test
I'd suggest reading between the lines Hughton is slightly tempering expectations on this one. Quite an interesting interview actually talking about the transfer window.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I really hope I am wrong here but listening to Chris this has more of a sound of a panic signing, when he was asked how long has he been on his radar he waffled without answering, then went on to say all the targets the recruitment team had been watching have doubled in price this summer. He then added we have a good recruitment team here without saying how long they had watched him.
Please let this player be the the special striker we all want, but I am a little anxious now after hearing that interview.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I really hope I am wrong here but listening to Chris this has more of a sound of a panic signing, when he was asked how long has he been on his radar he waffled without answering, then went on to say all the targets the recruitment team had been watching have doubled in price this summer. He then added we have a good recruitment team here without saying how long they had watched him.
Please let this player be the the special striker we all want, but I am a little anxious now after hearing that interview.
It's definitely the biggest gamble of the window for us. The boy has raw talent but a limited track record. I'm desperately trying not to, but my mind keeps clicking back to Elvis Manu.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
With you on this. Not convinced at all about this one. Wasting money

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With you on this. Not convinced at all about this one. Wasting money

A gamble maybe but we are going to be down early in the New Year if we end up with the current strike force

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A gamble maybe but we are going to be down early in the New Year if we end up with the current strike force

Yes. A March relegation beckons without a decent forward signing.

If Dwamena works then mid-table beckoning na as we look steady everywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I suspect the striker we've not signed yet (the one Barber was talking about on BT sport at the Citeh game) is not a 'gamble' and has Premier League experience. We're probably just going to have to wait a week or so for that player. In the meantime, Raphael is a very exciting prospect if we can get him over the line.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It's definitely the biggest gamble of the window for us. The boy has raw talent but a limited track record. I'm desperately trying not to, but my mind keeps clicking back to Elvis Manu.

Ease your mind by rewatching Elvis' YouTube highlights. He never really looked like a good prospect.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Elvis was a panic, panic, panic rushed signing when Calleri didn't happen.

( Akpom was a similar rushed one when another loan fell through at the last minute ).

There is a pattern.

Dwamena doesn't seem like this at all.

I'd be more worried by any signing done on deadline day that we haven't heard mention of before. ( Say, for example, someone like Jovetic falls through and we get a random loan instead next Thursday ).

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hughton said tonight the hearing will take place later this week. https://audioboom.com/posts/6230293-albion-manager-chris-hughton-barnet-gave-us-a-good-test
I'd suggest reading between the lines Hughton is slightly tempering expectations on this one. Quite an interesting interview actually talking about the transfer window.

Chris Hughton in honest reserved outlook shocker!

I hate to do this but in the exact same situation Poyet's reaction would have been very different.

I didn't hear waffle, CH was asked how long has Raphael been on his radar, he basically said not as long as he has been on the recruitment teams radar, which I assume is how it should be.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Sorry that didn't help for me, the reason being is, all Elvis's skills and goals were in front of packed stadium and not in empty stadiums or parks as the one used for Raphael.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHbYvecB_F4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm9j6TGsGG8

Just somehow it gives me an uneasy feeling about the standard football each has been playing.

Try this:
[video]https://streamable.com/s/j07lw/gmhxp[/video]

2nd goal in a 2-0 win 4 weeks ago between FC Zürich and rivals Grasshoppers, packed 25k stadium.

Also shown both goals he scored here [video]https://mobile2.tagesanzeiger.ch/articles/59749674ab5c377011000001[/video] in the match report.

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Chris Hughton in honest reserved outlook shocker!

I hate to do this but in the exact same situation Poyet's reaction would have been very different.

I didn't hear waffle, CH was asked how long has Raphael been on his radar, he basically said not as long as he has been on the recruitment teams radar, which I assume is how it should be.

So how long was that?

Only if we had been watching him six months ago we could have got him for 250k like FC Zurich

Last edited:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Elvis was a panic, panic, panic rushed signing when Calleri didn't happen.

( Akpom was a similar rushed one when another loan fell through at the last minute ).

There is a pattern.

Dwamena doesn't seem like this at all.

I'd be more worried by any signing done on deadline day that we haven't heard mention of before. ( Say, for example, someone like Jovetic falls through and we get a random loan instead next Thursday ).

Don't won't to worry you but
http://m.calciomercato.com/en/news/inter-striker-spurns-brighton-newcastle-advances-38974

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Sorry that didn't help for me, the reason being is, all Elvis's skills and goals were in front of packed stadium and not in empty stadiums or parks as the one used for Raphael.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHbYvecB_F4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm9j6TGsGG8

Just somehow it gives me an uneasy feeling about the standard football each has been playing.

Interesting I don't think Manu ever got much of chance the few times he came on as sub he was full of running with an unconventional view of the off side rule he just never fitted and then went away on loan where he could have rebuilt his confidence but cocked that up after which no wanted him.

This new lad looks very raw in this video his first touch appears is similar to CMS and like CMS before his injury looks quick and it's this that seems to get him out of trouble not sure he will have this amount of time on the ball at this level, having said that he's big strong knows where the goal is a fair to good prospect one that the clubs of Man United, Cheslsea or Man City would put straight into there development squads where as we I fear view him as the prodigal son coming to lead us to the promise land I would not put my money on that being the immediate outcome

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So how long was that?

He didn't know, so he didn't answer.
Perhaps he should have initially been asked, or as a follow up, 'how long has he been on the clubs radar'.

Just guesswork but I read that conversation as - players a, b, c & d are now too expensive.
Winstanley turned the page over in his note pad and said 'what about this fella?

I doubt he was scouted as a primary target, they are now all too expensive, but the recruitment team were aware of him.
They've had 4 or 5 league games to watch him as a main target and have pulled the trigger on the deal.

Sadly £10-12m isn't a gamble for a Premier League centre forward, it's barely above bargain basement taking age and contract etc into consideration.

Only if we had been watching him six months ago we could have got him for 250k like FC Zurich
I doubt the team at the top of the Championship is buying him for 250k, just like a Premier League team isn't buying him for £3m.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here