Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fourteen goals in eighteen games for FC Zurich since he joined them in January. Perhaps you needed a larger sample for your survey?

12 in the Swiss second division which I would imagine is probably slightly below league 2 standard.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I'm pretty sure TB has done nothing of the sort - mainly because it is his money and panicking with it really doesn't seem like his style.

Rumours have been going around about this one for a while, so not a panic buy based on the last week or so at all. Homework will have been done, and the people who matter when it comes to these decisions will be happy that it is the right move.

Well lets hope so but £13m on a 21 year old playing in the Swiss League seems like a big gamble to me even if we've been scouting him for years.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
We've just signed a goal-machine wonder kid. It might not work out or he might be a revelation. A waste of money or a bargain. I'm going to err on the side of excitement though.

Unless he doesn't score on his debut. Then I'll be consigning him to the dustbin of history.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What's it like to be devoid of hope?

I am so disappointed in Tony.
With all the millions coming in from the PL why hasn't he bid for a proper striker like Costa, Sanchez or even Kane?

Really
I am just so sick and tired of all the negativity from so many people on here who seem to forget the way TB has built the club up to where it is now.Suddenly it seems they want us to get the Harry Redknapp philosophy of recruitment.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Well lets hope so but £13m on a 21 year old playing in the Swiss League seems like a big gamble to me even if we've been scouting him for years.
If TB, who is pretty decent at such things, is willing to take the gamble then that'll do me - he and the recruitment team will know far more about this guy than any of us on here do.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
He should be with us tomorrow for medical and sign with a bit of luck everything will be complete by end of week also maybe the other player we are working on will be with us to.

I'm starting to like your posts keep it up.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Lets be honest no one has a clue except the blokes paid to find players for us. The ones who watch hundreds and hundreds of players all around the world...

Will he be any good, who knows, but writing him off before he's even played a game, pathetic.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he has pace that is a massive upgrade on the current two fit forwards who have looked dire In the first two games. Is a he another Manu, has to be a possibility but I am hoping we have learnt from that cock up. He's much more expensive too. Quite excited but I know absolutely feck all about him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here