Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmmm ... so the value of this player has increased from €300,000 to €10,000,000 in 6 months??? I hope we've done some pretty thorough research on this one!!!

I doubt it, not really Tony's style he's more a buy in haste repent at leisure kind of guy.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
**** me, even if you were seriously addicted to rain, Shirley Bassey, places called Swansea and doing sheep up the Gary, one look at that would have you booking a flight home before you could say "pretty shitty city".

Fortunately for Tammy Abraham the road network between Swansea and London is such that he should never have to avail himself of the airport's services.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I still dont think we will sell Hemed, I am sure he has made it well known he wants to return to Spain to play his football when his contract expires.

I just see him running his deal down, we would have had this sorted by now if we or he wanted to stay....

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
At his current rate of inflation he will be worth more than Neymar by Christmas. Sounds like a shrewd investment to me.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hmmmm ... so the value of this player has increased from €300,000 to €10,000,000 in 6 months??? I hope we've done some pretty thorough research on this one!!!

That's nothing.

Marcus Rashford went from a similar value to £20m after a 90minute match on the telly. The world has gone nutz I tell ya - NUTZ

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's hope the £275,000 we paid for Ahannach increases at the same rate !

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I still dont think we will sell Hemed, I am sure he has made it well known he wants to return to Spain to play his football when his contract expires.

I just see him running his deal down, we would have had this sorted by now if we or he wanted to stay....

Or we haven't offered him a new deal as that would potentially put off any potential bidders?

Maybe we are testing the waters first.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Or we haven't offered him a new deal as that would potentially put off any potential bidders?

Maybe we are testing the waters first.

We may not have offered a new deal as he has kindly informed us he wants to leave on a free.... I could be completely wrong but I dont see him going to another British club.
We only paid a million for him so he owes us nothing, and has done very well for us in his time here.

If we could sell him for 5 million plus i would be thrilled, just dont see it. Money talks i guess if the offer is good enough ifinancially for him.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
As Naylor has suggested, I would expect another similar player to come in - Niasse ticks the boxes. I would be happy with Murray, Dwamena, Baldock and Niasse - assuming Hemed does move on

Niasse is off to Fenerbahce apparently. I think a Zohore/Hemed swap-plus-cash is most likely at the moment.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

I guess that chris wood's value is also up by > £10m in less than 12 months.

Swiss league or not he's a very prolific 21 year old international striker. . No surprise he's going for silly ££££.
That's how it is.

Hemed, Murray, Baldock get a unfair kicking on here for being slow, injured, despite having scored hatfuls for us but it's remarkable we picked em all up for just £6m.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So, if Messi was born in San Marino, would he get a work permit to play in England? I bet they would find a way...
If Dwamena fails to get a work permit, he'll then go on to destroy the Swiss league and sign for Man City next summer for £70m. For some reason he'll then have no problem getting a work permit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We may not have offered a new deal as he has kindly informed us he wants to leave on a free.... I could be completely wrong but I dont see him going to another British club.
We only paid a million for him so he owes us nothing, and has done very well for us in his time here.

If we could sell him for 5 million plus i would be thrilled, just dont see it. Money talks i guess if the offer is good enough ifinancially for him.
Sounds like he has a plan which involves playing again in Spain with a significant signing on fee.

Seems reasonable, and to his credit he has given the club plenty of notice to plan.

Watford could therefore be his last game for the albion, followed by a loan out provided all wages are covered ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sounds like he has a plan which involves playing again in Spain with a significant signing on fee.

Seems reasonable, and to his credit he has given the club plenty of notice to plan.

Watford could therefore be his last game for the albion, followed by a loan out provided all wages are covered ?

Sounds very feesable to me

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila

Yep

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Dwamena fails to get a work permit, he'll then go on to destroy the Swiss league and sign for Man City next summer for £70m. For some reason he'll then have no problem getting a work permit.

That sounds about right as you never hear of these work permit /clearance problems with any of the top 6 clubs in the Premier. They buy who they want and pay as much as is needed but still have no problem getting permits. Even Tevez and his 3rd party ownership was overcome. The problem of course is the time scale for these things to happen as the window closes in 10 days time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here