Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Not signing due to a heart condition according to the argus. Failed the medical apparently

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry forgot that. Wasn't it muted also about better quality.
I dunno about that, but I'm sure Pravda will be along soon to confirm it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
God this place depresses me some times. Some people seemed to think we deliberately decided to leave everything at the last minute when the truth is that nobody on here - or virtually nobody - has any idea whatsoever what has been going on behind closed doors.

This is professional football in 2017 in England, not some computer game where all you do is throw pretend money at another pretend club and you win the league.

To call for Winstanley to go is pathetic, a typical knee jerk reaction we see all too often and we would laugh at other clubs if they did that.

Maybe everything is his fault and he is even worse than Burke but my point is nobody knows, certainly none of the regular posters on here, including me.

Anybody who thinks that the club went about the recruitment in a haphazard amateur way doesn't know Tony Bloom and Paul Barber.

OK we may well have missed our main targets and we may have had a poor transfer window when the full results are in but don't throw blame around when you don't have a clue why it didn't work out how we all wanted it to.

And slagging off and writing off players who are still finding their feet in the toughest divison in the world after just two games is just plain ridiculous.

If you wanted everything to be perfect then I'm afraid you picked the wrong club to support. If you find that perfect club let me know but me, I'm sticking with the Albion. I trust TB and and PG to run the club in the way they think is right and if it goes wrong then I for one am not going to blame them. Certainly not till I know the full facts, not just the end result.

I'm not a fan, I'm a supporter.

Post of the month. Well said. Some of our fans think it is ok to post their opinions, which border on libel at times.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

I still think you can be a "fan" and not be totally full of piss and wind. Actually I think the true "fans" as in the traditional "fanatic" sense of the word are perfectly happy to watch us whatever league we're playing in and pretty much don't give a toss about our recruitment policy beyond "he looks alright, looking forward to seeing him in the stripes."

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
The knowledge of football with many on this forum is child like and often uninformed. Totally agree that some here need to pinch themselves and have a real world reality check and get used to the fact this is going to be an incredibly difficult season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
God this place depresses me some times. Some people seemed to think we deliberately decided to leave everything at the last minute when the truth is that nobody on here - or virtually nobody - has any idea whatsoever what has been going on behind closed doors.

This is professional football in 2017 in England, not some computer game where all you do is throw pretend money at another pretend club and you win the league.

To call for Winstanley to go is pathetic, a typical knee jerk reaction we see all too often and we would laugh at other clubs if they did that.

Maybe everything is his fault and he is even worse than Burke but my point is nobody knows, certainly none of the regular posters on here, including me.

Anybody who thinks that the club went about the recruitment in a haphazard amateur way doesn't know Tony Bloom and Paul Barber.

OK we may well have missed our main targets and we may have had a poor transfer window when the full results are in but don't throw blame around when you don't have a clue why it didn't work out how we all wanted it to.

And slagging off and writing off players who are still finding their feet in the toughest divison in the world after just two games is just plain ridiculous.

If you wanted everything to be perfect then I'm afraid you picked the wrong club to support. If you find that perfect club let me know but me, I'm sticking with the Albion. I trust TB and and PG to run the club in the way they think is right and if it goes wrong then I for one am not going to blame them. Certainly not till I know the full facts, not just the end result.

I haven't seen many posts, thankfully, that explicitly lay the blame at the door of the club or PW.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Nailed it - well said.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Completely, totally and utterly this. Very well said.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
O K , if it was your 10 million quid would you lay it down if there was the slightest indication of a heart problem? I would not , for sure.
You cannot do a medical untill you have the player here . It is a disappointment for us but a tragedy for him . We all wish him well.

What now? Onwards to targets new. There are always alternatives.....somewhere.....

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Bit of a stinker that he failed his medical but hopefully we have potentially saved the guys life by spotting this.
As for footballing reasons, I was sceptical about his pedigree but the club must have seen something in him, for now but also to potentially become a great player to want to spend so much in him.
For the bedwetters, I very much doubt the club have gone into this deal without a plan b, no way would they put all their eggs in one basket for a player who may not have even got a work permit.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Shame on all you lot slagging the club off over this. We possibly saved the lads life through our medical procedures.

I wish the lad all the best with whatever treatment he needs to recover.

not exactly slagging the club off, but with Mitovec (?) turning us down, we now find ourselves 6 days from the window closing turning to our third choice striker target ? Not uncommon for us !

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Ah well the positive is he might have died on the pitch in Switzerland in three weeks time and ended up another statistic had we not tried to sign him. Now he can hopefully get the problem dealt with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here