Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Naylor is curious tonight. Is he hinting there is more striker business to be done ?

[tweet]899728474096762881[/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor is curious tonight. Is he hinting there is more striker business to be done ?

[tweet]899728474096762881[/tweet]
I can see an outcome where Baldock isn't fit enough for the initial 25, and comes back for the 2nd half season 25, taking Hemed's place who moves on in January.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I can see an outcome where Baldock isn't fit enough for the 25, and comes back for the 2nd half season 25, taking Hemed's place who moves on in January.

Hemed will go either way. I really can't see a situation where we will require 2 strikers who lack the mobility to trouble centre backs in this division. I really rate Hemed but with him entering his final year of his contract I can see us cashing in whilst we can.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Just for the record, the FC Zurich fans I know are absolutely gutted he's gone after such a short time there and think we have got one hell of a player. I don't know how much to read into that, but if fans of the selling club are gutted to lose a player it's a good start, since it sometimes isn't the case :)

That certainly bodes well.
I do remember some Feyenoord fans being disappointed at losing Manu on the flipside!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He's a hard looking *******

dbeb2be33bb426864bd4.jpg

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:lol: :lol:

FC Zurich boss Uli Forte says the club will not be swayed by money in relation to the possible transfer of prolific Ghanaian forward Raphael Dwamena.
Newly promoted English Premier League side Brighton had an £8m bid for the Ghanaian turned down by the Swiss side on Thursday.
The Swiss side bought the 21 year old striker for about £250,000 just six months ago from Austria Lustenau, and stand to make a huge profit if they allow him to move.
But Uli Forte, speaking after his side’s 2-0 victory over FC Sion which sent them top of the Swiss Super League reiterated the club president’s remarks concerning the sale suggesting the player is not for sale.
“I am glad I have a president who is not lured by a few zeros,” he said.

“Fortunately, Raphael looks sensible. He cannot be influenced by such sums. He knows what he has at the Zurich, and he still has to learn and work.”
Dwamena made his debut for the Black Stars in May against Ethiopia where he scored a brace in a 5-0 win.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can see an outcome where Baldock isn't fit enough for the initial 25
That seems tough to imagine, although so does Baldock starting in a few games time and going through in the 'normal' rotation till January.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He'd already tweeted "We did say about Dwamena and the total spend. Doubt it finishes there. "

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Seems exactly the style of striker we needed and realistic level and fee. IF Hemed goes we'll be back to needing one more yes and whilst we'd love an upgrade (on a very good player) we at least now have the numbers in the squad and it's a case of replacing not scrabbling to fill a glaringly empty spot.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here