Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Brighton fans are mental. General consensus on this lad who really has done nothing, ever, is pretty positive. Stevan Jovetic, who is wanted by Sevilla, and has played for Inter, Man City and Fiorentina and has a one in two scoring rate at international level. Most people not interested. :shrug:

I'd be interested in Jovetic playing behind Dwamena.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
"It's because the country are out of the world Top 50 rankings. Nigeria have dropped to 54th, which stops you getting the permit. If they had been inside the Top 50, it wouldn't have been a problem."

Ghana are......... 50th.

Edit - I see you've edited your post now. Oops. :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not sure. Birmingham tried to by a Nigerian player and failed to get the work permit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40950438

Nigeria international Ogenyi Onazi has been denied a work permit to play for English Championship side Birmingham City.

Birmingham had agreed terms with the 24-year-old to sign him from Turkish club Trabzonspor.

However the Football Association turned down a first application for a work permit for Onazi last week.

An appeal made by the club was rejected on Wednesday despite Onazi being a regular in the Nigeria national team.

Despite appearing in over 80% of the national team games, Onazi failed to earn a permit after the FA considered the West African nation's world ranking in the past two years.

They are ranked 38th in the August 2017 ranking, but Nigeria finished 54th on aggregate over the past two years.

"He'd have been a real quality signing for us," Birmingham boss Harry Redknapp told BBC WM 95.6. "Before that, we lost out on Emmanuel Agyemang-Badubadou from Udinese. He's gone to Turkey for a fortune. Now we've lost Onazi too.

"It's because the country are out of the world Top 50 rankings. Nigeria have dropped to 54th, which stops you getting the permit. If they had been inside the Top 50, it wouldn't have been a problem."

This is what worries me.

We have to prove so many things...........

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Brighton fans are mental. General consensus on this lad who really has done nothing, ever, is pretty positive. Stevan Jovetic, who is wanted by Sevilla, and has played for Inter, Man City and Fiorentina and has a one in two scoring rate at international level. Most people not interested. :shrug:

I know what you mean.

Jovetic is a CL class footballer, but would he really want to join us and we simply couldn't afford to pay his wages. He would command £100k plus per week. It was mentioned earlier this summer on NSC that circa £45k is our level.

Regarding Dwanema, welcome to the Albion. I hope it works out for him and the club. We need goals and pace. Hopefully he can settle in quick and give us that.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ghana Ghana Ghana Ghana Ghana Dwamena
He scores some goals. He scores some gooaaals

He plays for Ghana's national football team
The red gold and greens. Red gold and greeeeens

Jimmy Grimble

Dwamena's chairman when our bid came through
a7ae4f91e419ee256c52ef98c8c143d0.png

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He looks a bit raw. I'm not entirely sure that the Premier League is the place to hope that players fulfil their potential.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here