Page 111 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1161101108109110111112113114121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1511

Thread: Raphael Dwamena

  1. #1101
    Captain Hindsight TSB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lansdowne Place, Hove
    Posts
    15,306


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neto had major injury issues look at the fans comments of the team he plays for. Look at my posts before his medical.

    Dwamena was just ludicrous .... 10m for a player that has played 5 games above league 2 level....

    Just my 2 cents
    Kayal suffered long-term injuries before joining us and was then instrumental in our improvement season before last. Alright, so he then turned into a sick note here too.
    If Neto had joined and helped keep us up this year before becoming a crock, his signing would have been worth it.

    Striker prospects with goal-scoring records like that will cost.

    Nothing dodgy about it; you just didn't rate him.
    Ashley Barnes Fan numero UNO http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...s_1974553c.jpg
    Every single second, someone starts a thread on Glenn Murray. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #1102
      Grey bearded old man
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Between St Leonards and Trujillo, Extremadura, Spain
      Posts
      5,044


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

      Well exactly. It's 2017, football is absolutely brutal business and the only thing fictional is your opinion that it is/was not possible to bring in quality earlier this window, and every eventuality should have been considered along the way. There is still time.
      Nobody has called for Winstanley to go. The very suggestion is perplexing.
      I certainly did NOT say that it was or was not possible to bring in quality earlier in the window.

      My whole point was I have no idea if it was or not, any more than you do or anyone else who posts on this board does.

      And someone definitely did call for Winstanley to go but I have better things to do than look back to see who it was.

      I stand by everything I said in my post which, rather to my surprise, quite a few people seem to agree with and some have even posted to say they do, for which I am grateful.
      If history teaches us anything, it is that history teaches us nothing
    • #1103
      Members dwayne's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      London
      Posts
      8,863


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Kayal suffered long-term injuries before joining us and was then instrumental in our improvement season before last. Alright, so he then turned into a sick note here too.

      Striker prospects with goal-scoring records like that will cost.

      Nothing dodgy about it: you just didn't rate him.
      Yes maybe dodgy is the wrong word. But we are we trying to sign lots of players on the cheap. Let's get some quality in even if it costs..
    • #1104
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      38,824


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Neto had major injury issues look at the fans comments of the team he plays for. Look at my posts before his medical.

      Dwamena was just ludicrous .... 10m for a player that has played 5 games above league 2 level....

      Just my 2 cents
      I always assumed the Neto deal was a case of:-

      'I wonder how bad this is?'

      For that I don't see how we can blame the club, they went in with their eyes open and ran away as fast as humanly possible when they got their answer.


      This one's a little odder, clearly everybody else knew of the problem.
      If the Albion did too it should have acted much quicker.
      Assuming it didn't then Zurich and esp his representation have done themselves no favours at all.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

      .
    • #1105
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Sūþseaxna
      Posts
      20,998


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Zurich knew about it:-

      We are very surprised at this decision. Naturally, we also had a medical examination carried out by the Schulthess Clinic before the change from Raphael to FC Zurich. There the same deviation from the standard was determined. However, this fact has been judged as being neither harmful to health nor compromising the performance of a top sportsman.



      A striker linked with the Albion, you'd have thought they would cut out the middle man and carry out the medical in the Dignitas Clinic.
      http://www.pulse.com.gh/sports/footb...id7207396.html


      Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe
    • #1106
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      London
      Posts
      2,915


      0 Not allowed!
      If news about one player is to be kept on a single thread, can someone PLEASE update thread titles when something important happens. NSC is my source of Albion news, but I was late to find out that a fee had been agreed for Dwamena, and now I'm late again to find out that he's failed a medical (due to a reference on another thread). I don't want to read through 1000+ posts to get updates.
    • #1107
      Captain Hindsight TSB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Lansdowne Place, Hove
      Posts
      15,306


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yes maybe dodgy is the wrong word. But we are we trying to sign lots of players on the cheap. Let's get some quality in even if it costs..
      I don't see any other option for us now. But we're not going to go all Palace and spend £30 million on a player.
      I agree with you on Niasse though. Extremely strong and powerful. Slightly erratic finishing and not the greatest control, but with a surprising amount of skill. Think he could do a job as one of two forward signings.
      Ashley Barnes Fan numero UNO http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...s_1974553c.jpg
      Every single second, someone starts a thread on Glenn Murray. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
    • #1108
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      8,863


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Jovetic? I don't think we ever were. Sounded like paper talk.
      Certainly, Hughts didn't seem to know who he played from when asked about it.
      According to Sky Sports earlier today we were, slightly more credible, but only marginally.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • #1109
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Posts
      866


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bra View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why are people who are unhappy with the window to date criticised as no fans so much. We all support the club but may have different views. I am happy to say I think we have left it late meaning we have players trying to adjust and zero forward power. We clearly are on plan z as regards strikers and may end up with nothing or paying inflated price
      I am worried
      But you say "we have left it late" as if that was a deliberate policy by the club. I would stake a lot of money on the fact that the club didn't WANT to leave it late. As McMillan said "Events dear boy, events". Still, you carry on criticising, as is your right. Or is it "only your opinion" as the moaners seem to say.
    • #1110
      Captain Hindsight TSB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Lansdowne Place, Hove
      Posts
      15,306


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by One Teddy Maybank View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      According to Sky Sports earlier today we were, slightly more credible, but only marginally.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Oh. Well, perhaps then. Can't think we truly believed he would come here.
      Ashley Barnes Fan numero UNO http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...s_1974553c.jpg
      Every single second, someone starts a thread on Glenn Murray. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •