Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Failed Blog

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Basic rule of thumb. Other established blogs are not the best place to promote a 'rival' blog. Unless it's a blog about creating blogs, which NSC isn't. I don't think your plan is to rival NSC so perhaps you could should look to promote through social media, contribute to publications and sell what is different about your blog, content etc.
You will get stick whatever you do, so get used to filtering out the crap and take whatever peanuts you can salvage. Just like what's happened here! Good luck mate, keep it up!

:albion2:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You don't want to be encouraging too many folk from NSC over to your blog. Your comments section will become a quagmire of cyclist hating, Brexit/Remain arguing, Thatcher bashing, Corbyn lynching pie reviews.

D

Deleted member 2719

How do you know what they think? I imagine that's aimed at me, and no, I don't think it means anything more than that I post here a lot.

There is a touch of playground stuffed aimed at any newbie but with being unnecessarily nasty at times it always tends to be one up man ship that comes from the higher number of posters, who knows maybe they just have small willies.

Don't worry Trigg it wasn't aimed at you or anyone else in particular, because we know you are closely related to a donkey.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is a touch of playground stuffed aimed at any newbie but with being unnecessarily nasty at times
I agree that newbies get a hard time. I do think that's understandable though, because we get a lot of newbies that aren't genuine accounts, but are either Palace or just fans from other clubs trying to promote their websites etc. I think my comment was harsh but fair. There's nothing wrong with the first post in this thread, the poster is clearly literate - that's quite different to the first post of the other thread. We all make mistakes of course, but you really shouldn't post something so unreadable when you're advertising a blog (IMO).

Don't worry Trigg it wasn't aimed at you or anyone else in particular
The 30k post comment seemed to be, as I was the only 30k poster that was critical of the first thread.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yesterday I posted a thread on this forum about potential new strikers Brighton could sign titled: "Brighton's Striker Problem". At the end of the post I put a sentence about a similar (but longer) post I had made on my blog. Overall this thread didn't go down well with many of the NSC faithful. I can understand this and I respect them but do think some of what was said was a touch out of line. As well as this I did receive some constructive criticism and some very kind support.
Since posting the thread "Brighton's Striker Problem" I deleted the blog. To anyone concerned this wasn't anything todo with any responses I got on my post; instead something entirely unrelated. I am thinking of making a similar blog, but would do things the right way... asking bozza for permission to link it on this website e.t.c. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other ways to get my blog out there?
Thanks

I just thought you went a bit half-arsed about it. The blog entry itself I found to be fairly well-written, not a bad read, and didn't in any way reflect the piss-poor level of spelling and grammar in your NSC post plugging it, which, fair enough, might have been done on yer phone with the ever-wretched auto-correct throwing a Spaniard in the works. But if you're planning on doing it properly, maybe fill out the 'About' and 'Contact' tabs on your linked site first. Not a bad start, maybe take the criticism on the chin and keep on doing what you're doing :thumbsup:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
But if no one tried to be funny, NSC would be a lot less fun. This is a very popular site for a reason.

Ok, rephrase it to "So many posters on here are trying too hard to be funny"

There's a difference between a funny post and half of the forum descending on a new user to take the piss out of them. I'd hazard a guess that the OP is fairly young(ish) and is clearly passionate about the Albion, there really wasn't any need for the "look at how funny we all" circle-jerk that occurred on his original thread.

:shrug:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
After feeling pretty ashamed to be a member of NSC yesterday, its been really heartening to see the level of support for the OP.

Comments have been constructive, encouraging and helpful which has made any attempt to defend the initial reaction look increasingly lame.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok, rephrase it to "So many posters on here are trying too hard to be funny"
Each to their own.
There's a difference between a funny post and half of the forum descending on a new user to take the piss out of them.
Yes, but I've given some explanation of why many are quick to criticise new posters who post links to blogs etc (past history of new posters).
I'd hazard a guess that the OP is fairly young(ish) and is clearly passionate about the Albion
I think you're right, but I didn't know that when I posted.
there really wasn't any need for the "look at how funny we all" circle-jerk that occurred on his original thread.
I wasn't trying to clever or particularly funny, I just thought the post was poor for someone who was advertising their blog, so I took the piss a bit. The poster is clearly capable of a lot better than their first post. The criticisms really weren't that bad, I think some of you are over reacting.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Yesterday I posted a thread on this forum about potential new strikers Brighton could sign titled: "Brighton's Striker Problem". At the end of the post I put a sentence about a similar (but longer) post I had made on my blog. Overall this thread didn't go down well with many of the NSC faithful. I can understand this and I respect them but do think some of what was said was a touch out of line. As well as this I did receive some constructive criticism and some very kind support.
Since posting the thread "Brighton's Striker Problem" I deleted the blog. To anyone concerned this wasn't anything todo with any responses I got on my post; instead something entirely unrelated. I am thinking of making a similar blog, but would do things the right way... asking bozza for permission to link it on this website e.t.c. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other ways to get my blog out there?
Thanks

I missed your post yesterday (busy time), please carry on with your blog, not sure how anyone on here can be critical when there's posts about using hotel kettles as a toilet etc.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Comments have been constructive, encouraging and helpful which has made any attempt to defend the initial reaction look increasingly lame.
I find the constant criticism of those that criticised to be quite lame. Maybe you could be constructive, encouraging and helpful instead?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
anyone knew of any other ways to get my blog out there?

Self-promotion is crucial. Something I do is write for a couple of football blogs which in theory should then drive traffic to my personal blog. Problem there is that I haven't updated my personal blog for months.

It really is about hard work, writing all the time, posting often and promoting the shit out of yourself. If you're lucky you'll grab some attention and people will follow you and maybe it'll snowball from there.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Each to their own.
Yes, but I've given some explanation of why many are quick to criticise new posters who post links to blogs etc (past history of new posters).
I think you're right, but I didn't know that when I posted.
I wasn't trying to clever or particularly funny, I just thought the post was poor for someone who was advertising their blog, so I took the piss a bit. The poster is clearly capable of a lot better than their first post. The criticisms really weren't that bad, I think some of you are over reacting.

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 2719

There's nothing wrong with the first post in this thread, the poster is clearly literate - that's quite different to the first post of the other thread. We all make mistakes of course, but you really shouldn't post something so unreadable when you're advertising a blog (IMO).

I see it differently to you, what if he wasn't literate is that really a problem, the person who try's to write a blog who struggles is trying to better themselves, surely?

If a one legged person was racing a 2 legged person and the 2 legged person beat them you wouldn't say mate you shouldn't be running you only have one leg.

Did you know that 1 in 15 people have some sort of reading and writing difficulties, known as Dyslexia?

The dyslexic is just as unable as the one legged person it's just the dyslexic will get mocked for it.

It's not only you that loves to pick up on the spellings grammar etc, there are many on here that will kick the poster and stifle them and their ability to write 'proper english'.

All i ask is the poster should ignore how it's written and take the gist of the post.

Generally these posters have more vision and creativeness.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here