Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Belated RIPs Jeanne Moreau / Anita Pallenberg

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
You do have a similar style tho???

Anyway is the Japanese fella dead or not :angel:I thought he died two days ago

One dead, one still alive. Haruo Nakajima who played Godzilla died two days ago. Katsumi Tezuka who played Mothra is still alive and kicking at 104. Sorry for the confusion. Now you mention it even I'm noticing a slight similarity in style. That's a bit worrying. At least BG has his more advanced years as an excuse

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
You are indeed correct, I was thinking of Isabelle Huppert

John Turturro has just made an English language remake of Les Valseuses / Going Places. It hasn't been released yet. I don't think it's a total remake which is probably a good thing but follows the same premise. It also acts as a spin off of the Big Lebowski because John Turturro who also acts in it reprises his character Jesus from the Big Lebowski. Maybe as a nod to the French original it also stars the French actress Audrey Tautou.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
You do have a similar style tho???

Anyway is the Japanese fella dead or not :angel:I thought he died two days ago

One dead, one still alive. Haruo Nakajima who played Godzilla died two days ago. Katsumi Tezuka who played Mothra is still alive and kicking at 104. Sorry for the confusion. Now you mention it even I'm noticing a slight similarity in style. That's a bit worrying. At least BG has his more advanced years as an excuse

At the risk of reinforcing my BG credentials I just thought I'd better correct my previous error and propagation of misinformation. Contrary to what I previously told you Katsumi Tezuka didn't play Mothra he was actually the alternative actor for the character of Godzilla. I suppose because he wore a suit (not Godzilla, that would be silly, but the actor playing him), they were able to use more than one actor to play that character.

Mothra on the other hand and also contrary to what I previously told you was not actually played by an actor at all but was in fact a wire-operated mechanical puppet.

I'm beginning to wish I'd never started this thread and just left everyone in blissful ignorance of the sad passing of Jeanne and Anita. RIP

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Christ on a bike, more importantly, how's the washing machine ?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Just discovered the French actress Jeanne Moreau died last week. Most famous for her role in Jules et Jim. Always had a bit of a thing for Jeanne with her beautiful dark eyes and sensuous mouth.

Also just found out that another sixties dark eyed foreign beauty died last month, Anita Pallenberg. Died quite locally in Chichester.

I knew about JM, but not Anita Pallenberg

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Christ on a bike, more importantly, how's the washing machine ?
20170810_111430.jpg

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
At the risk of reinforcing my BG credentials I just thought I'd better correct my previous error and propagation of misinformation. Contrary to what I previously told you Katsumi Tezuka didn't play Mothra he was actually the alternative actor for the character of Godzilla. I suppose because he wore a suit (not Godzilla, that would be silly, but the actor playing him), they were able to use more than one actor to play that character.

Mothra on the other hand and also contrary to what I previously told you was not actually played by an actor at all but was in fact a wire-operated mechanical puppet.

I'm beginning to wish I'd never started this thread and just left everyone in blissful ignorance of the sad passing of Jeanne and Anita. RIP

I'm glad you posted this. Bit morbid, but I like ( not sure that's the right word) to know when icons (not sure that's the right word) from my youth have gone.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Keith Richards has had a house in West Wittering near Chichester for the past 50 years which might explain the location of her death. It's also where the Marianne Faithfull Mars Bar myth originated when the police raided the property in 1967 which ended with Richards and Jagger appearing before Chichester magistrates on drug charges.

The marketing department at Mars should have supplied them with free confectionery for life after all that free advertising.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The marketing department at Mars should have supplied them with free confectionery for life after all that free advertising.

I wonder if Marianne has ever had her name shortened to Mars before the person calling her that realised their faux-pas.

John Turturro has just made an English language remake of Les Valseuses / Going Places. It hasn't been released yet. I don't think it's a total remake which is probably a good thing but follows the same premise. It also acts as a spin off of the Big Lebowski because John Turturro who also acts in it reprises his character Jesus from the Big Lebowski. Maybe as a nod to the French original it also stars the French actress Audrey Tautou.

I'll look out for it (expecting it to be crap) I'm a bit of a Francophile, I once spent some time in a place called Gretz staying with my mate a rough tower block estate similar to the one in the opening scenes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here